Kingdom Crusade [Looking for quality builders]

Poll

What race will you be?

Elf
Human
Dwarf

Author Topic: Kingdom Crusade [Looking for quality builders]  (Read 16034 times)

The following information is about my latest project, Kingdom Crusade.
If you're interested please fill out the application under the project details.

Project Name:
Kingdom Crusade

Inspirations:
Game of Thrones
Mount & Blade
Day Z
Bravo's Swords of the North

Current Project Members:
Furdle (Director/Designer/Builder)
Trinick (Coder)
Tally (Builder)
AdinX (Builder)
Clone534 (Builder)
Nixton (Builder)
Kick (Builder)
Tokerovin (Dedicated Server Host)
Cca (Builder)
Thorfin25 (Builder)
JakeBlade (Modeller/Builder)
Xenos109 (HUD coder)
Jes00 (GUI coder)
Allun Pentax (Coder)

We are looking for:
Modellers
Builders;
  Exterior Builders
  Interior Builders

Project Concept:
Medieval Survival RPG.
The player spawns in a medieval land into a town occupied by bots acting as vendors for the adventurers to sell their loot.
A few kingdoms lay in the lands, empty and waiting for players.
The spawn town is primarily peaceful, as players will be unable to attack each other or the vendor bots.
This mod will require a GUI, complete with some kind of system to joining a kingdom, the kingdom leader and kingdom politics. The whole game mode will be focused on the politics of the (three?) kingdoms, each with their own colour.
On the top of the screen, there is a HUD displaying the "points" (this could be related to kills or maybe a 'king of the hill' style resource gathering)
There will be bots walking around, Bandits and what-not, which will drop items used to craft a blade.
Part of the gui will be to work on swords, bows, spears, maces, warhammers.
enemy NPC's will drop items such as "Leather and Wood Hilt" Which could be used to craft a melee weapon.
The player will spawn with a bow and get to chose from a variety of melee weapons (the ones listed above)
Throughout the game they will collect different pieces of the craftable weapons to increase the weapons abilities, for instance, a new blade will increase damage, a new hilt may increase speed, a hilt relic may increase critical chance.
If you die, you lose everything and start again.
This may cause rage quitters, but it'll really give you that scared feel in combat which I guess is the most realistic scared feeling you can get in an online FPS game.
Each kingdom will have their own market and a bank, which players can sell items they find and store their cash and items.

Want to help? Fill out the form and post to this thread.
IGN:
BL_ID:
Position/s in the project:
Link to previous work:

Updates:
Well there's going to be three races, Elf, Dwarf, and Human.

Each will have a different kind of kingdom. Dwarves will have an enclosed mountain kingdom, the Elves will live in a castle sitting above steep rocks and the Humans will have a castle kingdom.
The map is a perfect circle, a 'disc world' if you fall off, you float into eternity.

Progress on the terrain is at about 70%, with most of it done in a day I'm sure we will definitely be finished in a few days on the terrain side of things. We are using 8x cubes to make flat land scape, with a few hills and interesting features.
I want to compliment the minimalistic and un-detailed terrain with beautiful buildings with a high level of detail on the interior and exterior.
We are currently working on the mod with a unique AI system and a weapon crafting system (shown on page 2)
After two days of building, the whole terrain is completed.
Extremely good progress, great to see lots of builders wanting to help!
http://i.imgur.com/Xcnd57R.png

Thanks Jakeblade for these helmets, they're ready to add into the mod once we've received them :)
Green for Elf,
Blue for Human,
Red for Dwarf.
This is our final result for the HUD (not photoshopped)
Thanks for Xenos for making this, it looks so cool!
the GUI is being made and I will hopefully be able to give details soon, but I can tell you now, I'll be similar to the example one I created in photoshop.

This is a real image of the GUI currently being produced by Jes00
I seriously cannot believe how perfect it is to my example I made last week!
Good job everyone! The build is coming along nicely and it looks like the mod is too!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:52:27 PM by eldruF »

Stop right there, criminal scum. Finish GTA or Pirate RPG. You have exceeded your maximum active project quota.

Stop right there, criminal scum. Finish GTA or Pirate RPG. You have exceeded your maximum active project quota.
I've got too much inspiration that I'm pausing those projects.
I've literally never had this much inspiration about a project before, I'll finish the rest later.

I've got too much inspiration that I'm pausing those projects.

I'd like to see you get a job.

I've literally never had this much inspiration about a project before, I'll finish the rest later.

Thats what you said about the other hundred.

would help but I'm afraid would get banned because I did something that Furdle was no good at.

epitome of irony
You're working on BAM, then you started hosting survival, before that was an unlimited terragen... I don't think you have room to talk Port

On another note, if you need props Furd I'm yor gay

would help but I'm afraid would get banned because I did something that Furdle was no good at.
You do this on literally every thread he makes. I can easily see another 4-5 players coming in just to say this. Quit crying about it and take it to drama. Plus, you're like 14, you have no room to talk about Furdle getting a job when you can't even LEGALLY get one.

um yes he can
working in jobs covered by the statute.
A Federal, state, or local government agency
A hospital, or an institution primarily engaged in the care of the sick, the aged, or the mentally ill or mentally handicapped who live on the premises (it does not matter if the hospital or institution is public or private or is operated for profit or not-for-profit)
A pre-school; elementary or secondary school or institution of higher learning (e.g., college); or a school for mentally or physically handicapped or gifted children (it does not matter if the school or institution is public or private or operated for profit or not-for-profit)
A company/organization with annual dollar volume of sales or receipts in the amount of $500,000 or more

Jakob can hardly host a MERP without getting distracted, let alone work in a hospital

I'd like to see you get a job.
last week I did an advert and made 4 digits in about 10 hours work,
You dont know stuff, kid.

A company/organization with annual dollar volume of sales or receipts in the amount of $500,000 or more

You've seemed to be getting more self-centered lately, furball.

How about we all just shut the forget up and get back on topic? Yeah, cool.

On topic:
On another note, if you need props Furd I'm yor gay
yeah Adin come round later and help make some

epitome of irony
You're working on BAM, then you started hosting survival, before that was an unlimited terragen... I don't think you have room to talk Port

but I'm actually working on them
and that unlimited terragen was done months ago

Can we actually talk about the server now?

Can we actually talk about the server now?

ok

this sounds cool but I don't build with vertical prints

this sounds cool but I don't build with vertical prints
whats that got to do anything about it?