I bought a bow today

Author Topic: I bought a bow today  (Read 5237 times)

I have... $11.

Am i fancy yet?

Buy some bricks and throw them at the archery range.

Sorry for the stuffty quality photo, my room light is a bit of a weird yellow colour, so you cant see how nice the arrows are but they're a really nice aluminium 27", arm guard is a metallic (shiny) red. the limbs are premium+, which is why the bow is so expensive, the riser cost about half the price, arrows were about £40 for an 8 set.
it pulls 26 pounds, I got it with the red dot sight, problem is that I haven't bothered to learn to drive so I have to cycle the bow while its taken apart in a huge hiking bag :L kinda inconvienient
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:22:52 PM by eldruF »

Should've gone for a portable/compact bow.

Buy some bricks and throw them at the archery range.

I've got a killer spin on my throw, so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Bricks aren't very aerodynamic though.

Looks cool. The only bow I ever had was some cheap fiberglass bow with a mega light pull. I never got into archery though because I live in a housing development though and finding a place to use a bow would be next to impossible.

I opened my wallet and found $31. Which would be $2.58USD

Should've gone for a portable/compact bow.
I can split the bow up into three pieces quite easily after de-stringing it. Only takes about two minutes to set up.
Its just the fact that the arrow's are so loving long

26 pounds is surprisingly low, though I guess it would be made for general target practice so it doesn't need that much power behind it.

I don't overly know what clubs are available at the university I'm going to this September (bar Pudding club), but if they have Archery I am tempted.

My brother did Archery for his first year at uni, but fell out of it because of the other club members. They were mostly nerdy D&D players. Not the sort of crowd he was used to, nor the sort who would go for a drink.

I've tried some Archery a few times beforehand and I wasn't too bad for a complete novice. I reckon I could enjoy practising.
I also kinda want to learn swordplay too though.

are you going to hunt some sheep with that

are you going to hunt some sheep with that
In London? I doubt it.

I am curious where you practise though, Furdle.

That looks sweet furdle how many pounds is it, I bought a custom bow for 1000 pounds, convert that to nz dollars its expensive but it came with 12 arrows.

26 pounds is surprisingly low, though I guess it would be made for general target practice so it doesn't need that much power behind it.
its a beginner bow, I guess I don't need a powerful one when I'm shooting up to 100 yards, I'll be getting a new one once I progress further.

I don't overly know what clubs are available at the university I'm going to this September (bar Pudding club), but if they have Archery I am tempted.

My brother did Archery for his first year at uni, but fell out of it because of the other club members. They were mostly nerdy D&D players. Not the sort of crowd he was used to, nor the sort who would go for a drink.

I've tried some Archery a few times beforehand and I wasn't too bad for a complete novice. I reckon I could enjoy practising.
I also kinda want to learn swordplay too though.
Yeah I purchased this bow today from a shop which had a club next to it, where I tested it out. All their members were pretty nerdy men and women (early to late 20's)
I go to a much smaller club, in a well looked after police horse and dog training ground. Its one field in the large ground, so I cycle past a bunch of police dogs and horses when I go there. Its peaceful and away from major roads so pretty quiet. People that are members are generally older than mid 20's, mature guys and a few women. A few nerdy people but generally people who do it for competition and hobby. Pretty nice crowd and for £70 for a years membership, its a bargain!
It's always empty when I go there, most people either shoot early in the morning like 6am or later on at about 7pm. Since I go there mid day no ones around so I usually have the whole range to myself. It's so chill and I don't have to show any ID or anything, there aren't any staff on site permanently so it's pretty much turn up and shoot, no hassle.
Obviously you'd think "Hey Furdle why don't you just not pay the £70?" but the club president is a policeman and everyone in the club knows each other, if a new guy turned up when someone was there then it'd be obvious if they haven't paid, and what better place to arrest someone than a police training ground?

I really do like the club and recommend it to some of my friends who are also beginners.

That looks sweet furdle how many pounds is it, I bought a custom bow for 1000 pounds, convert that to nz dollars its expensive but it came with 12 arrows.
read the replies, are you talking about lbs pounds or British sterling?

The drawback weight and sorry I'm on iPod.

your new bow still cannot compare to my level 81 archery

I bet you're not even dragonborn scrub

run around and shoot people shouting you have failed this city