linux_megathread_3.pkg.tar.xz -- Post your desktop!

Poll

What's your Desktop Enviroment?

Gnome
KDE
XFCE
LXDE
Unity (why not)
MATE
Other
None/WM

Author Topic: linux_megathread_3.pkg.tar.xz -- Post your desktop!  (Read 41994 times)

I know how to launch a program from my config file. What I don't know is if there is a way to open a program in the system tray only. Like maybe a flag for the exec or steam commands.
uh, well the normal way to launch it would be exec steam and that's why i was suggesting to see if the other two ways i listed will work

Oh ok. Neither of them worked. They both just started steam normally.

Also I tried the -h flag on steam. It just started up. I guess there are no flags for that.

Is Elementary considered to be a pretty heavy distro or no? I'm thinking about installing it on my Dell Latitude D620 cause XP is at it's end of life thing

Currently using it on a D430, runs pretty smoothly for the specs.

I've heard CIA may come out soon though (the next version), so your call on that.

Can I say one thing, all other linux distributions are cool and neat, but Ubuntu is utter stuff. That is all.

Heyy I have a question

I have Numix installed as my theme. it's really nice. but when I have Chrome maximized, there's a title bar on top. How do I make it not do that and act like it is when it's not using the system theme?

^ numix

^ system theme
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:40:32 PM by Flush535 »

Chrome, while being linux-compatible, is not linux-friendly.

bump because windows is the most garbage OS on the planet

bump because windows is the most garbage OS on the planet
Not really. It just doesn't suit our purposes, with our old computers and our need for unix-fapping.

In all seriousness though, Windows 8 is turning into something made for casual users. They try to convince us that tablets are better for entertainment, and keyboards and mouses are for work. It's getting just about nowhere with the Linux community.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:15:51 PM by blueblur121 »

Not really. It just doesn't suit our purposes, with our old computers and our need for unix-fapping.

In all seriousness though, Windows 8 is turning into something made for casual users. They try to convince us that tablets are better for entertainment, and keyboards and mouses are for work. It's getting just about nowhere with the Linux community.
it's a good OS if you want to get abused… but that's really its only use case

it's a good OS if you want to get abused… but that's really its only use case
No, I think you're just bandwagoning.

what the forget IS A LINUX

what the forget IS A LINUX
do you ever have anything contributing to say
like ever