Gnome
KDE
XFCE
LXDE
Unity (why not)
MATE
Other
None/WM

Author Topic: linux_megathread_3.pkg.tar.xz -- Post your desktop!  (Read 41984 times)

what the forget IS A LINUX
An operating system based on cocaine and blue spikes.

bump because windows is the most garbage OS on the planet
lol

No, I think you're just bandwagoning.
i'm talking about it being closed-source and malicious, not about how windows 8 sucks or things like that, that's a completely different issue :P

lol
i love you pacha ♥

I don't think you know what malicious software is.

I would keep linux as my main os if it had more compatibility, but in the next years it'll probably have as much as windows

I would keep linux as my main os if it had more compatibility, but in the next years it'll probably have as much as windows
While compatibility is a big issue, I don't think it will be a problem for me. I can't think of any Windows programs that I would want other than games. And I could always use Wine for those.

And no one pull that "Wine isn't good for games" stuff. It's better than Windows is. I have seen loads of fps improvements on Windows games since I switched to Linux.

paint.net
photoshop aka not stuffty photo editor that isnt gimp
vegas aka not stuff video editor
any good recording program

paint.net
photoshop aka not stuffty photo editor that isnt gimp
Gimp is a perfectly suitable replacement for both of these, thank you very much.

vegas aka not stuff video editor
Kdenlive.

any good recording program
I'll give you that one, though GLC is great if you don't mind command-line tools.

My experience with Photoshop CS5 has actually seen a lot of things you can't do in GIMP. Such as the vector art integration that you would otherwise have to switch over to illustrator to use.

Can still use Photoshop using WINE, though. c:

Vector art in a raster image program seems a little clunky imo, especially considering that illustrator is pretty much dedicated to that, so it's almost the same thing.

Plus, paths in gimp are pretty sufficient for jobs like that, I'd say.

Gimp is a perfectly suitable replacement for both of these, thank you very much.
Kdenlive.
I'll give you that one, though GLC is great if you don't mind command-line tools.
tried kdenlive and its buggy, gimp is really inefficient

tried kdenlive and its buggy, gimp is really inefficient
I haven't tried kdenlive, so I can't vouch for it, only someone I know who's used it without much trouble. I wouldn't know much about that anyway since I don't edit videos often.

However gimp is only "inefficient" if you don't bother to learn how to use it. It's a very versatile program, as I've learned these past couple of years. It's just for more mathematically-minded people, it seems.

I use gimp for some stuff. I used to use paint.net but then I tried gimp on Windows. I didn't even know it was open-source until I switched to Linux.

As for a video editor, I don't see myself needing one in the foreseeable future.

ghh what am i gonna do/put on my laptop