Gnome
KDE
XFCE
LXDE
Unity (why not)
MATE
Other
None/WM

Author Topic: linux_megathread_3.pkg.tar.xz -- Post your desktop!  (Read 41993 times)

does it look like this?
i hate distros that look like this
so unproffessional
so 2004

That looks perfectly "professional" to me. It looks a lot like WinXP and apparently tons of companies still use that. I legit haven't seen a computer running WinXP in 5 years though, idk where they're hiding.

Oh man that 2005 feel!!!!!

wait thats kde? oh yeah i take back my words that looks totally loving rad

wait thats kde? oh yeah i take back my words that looks totally loving rad
It's not really right to judge a desktop environment by how it looks. You can make any desktop environment look however you want.

...Except Panther, lol.

gonna try learning manjaro finally

would appreciate suggestions for an easier to use network interface manager for wifi
i've always hated doing that stuff via command line, and i can't use ethernet (which is apparently, fortunately, autoconfigured) 100% of the time

edit: it isn't autoconfiguring dns servers? wtf?
well that's fixed
looks like i get to download a 119MiB update i've been putting off. yay.

well stuff this is easy nmcli dev wifi connect <name> password <password> done zippo you're in that's all there is to it
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:54:25 PM by Lugnut »

I made dolphin look not bloated

that looks sick where do you get all of these themes and stuff nal?

it's called numix
Numix for icons and windows, google+ for everything else.

It's not really right to judge a desktop environment by how it looks. You can make any desktop environment look however you want.

...Except Panther, lol.
What the forget is panther

Guys I'm having problems with my graphics drivers.
I am currently running Manjaro with the package nvidia-304xx-aufs_friendly installed.
My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 6100 nForce 405.
I'm having all sorts of crashes and things where the screen gets covered in graphical glitches and then freezes.
After that, it won't even respond to the power button being pressed. I am forced to reboot by unplugging it.
Anyone have any idea of what drivers I should use?

Guys I'm having problems with my graphics drivers.
I am currently running Manjaro with the package nvidia-304xx-aufs_friendly installed.
My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 6100 nForce 405.
I'm having all sorts of crashes and things where the screen gets covered in graphical glitches and then freezes.
After that, it won't even respond to the power button being pressed. I am forced to reboot by unplugging it.
Anyone have any idea of what drivers I should use?

I used to have that on my old 8500GT, there was nothing I could do so I just bought a new graphics card for $50

I used to have that on my old 8500GT, there was nothing I could do so I just bought a new graphics card for $50
Pff. Well I guess I'll just wait until I can get my new laptop later.

I am going to install Arch on my laptop. I know how to get the de installed and all but i have no idae how to dual boot it with windows 7??? can soembody please help me??? i am having trouble reading the wiki instruction