linux_megathread_3.pkg.tar.xz -- Post your desktop!

Poll

What's your Desktop Enviroment?

Gnome
KDE
XFCE
LXDE
Unity (why not)
MATE
Other
None/WM

Author Topic: linux_megathread_3.pkg.tar.xz -- Post your desktop!  (Read 41672 times)

That's the main reason, yes, but I just liked that feel much better than the purple and orange theme aswell. Those are mostly aesthetics though. You can still use MATE, which hopefully isn't as buggy as it was when I used it.
Gnome fallback?
I know there's a gnome 2 thing around

Gnome fallback?
I know there's a gnome 2 thing around
Yeah, it's called MATE. It's the continuation of gnome 2.

EDIT: I made a new bash PS1. Lookit my new colorful bash prompt :D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 11:38:24 AM by blueblur121 »

Hey, guys. I need an operating system that will work well with a computer with these specs:

Also, try to keep it as close to Arch as possible, please.

Hey, guys. I need an operating system that will work well with a computer with these specs:

arch linux

manjaro?

manjaro?
i need something different, i use manjaro all the time and on this pc it has problems.

i need something different, i use manjaro all the time and on this pc it has problems.
Well then anything arch-based will probably have the same problems unless it was a specific package.
Try Debian. It is (as mentioned in the op) completely vanilla. It can be molded into anything you want it to be.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:22:34 PM by blueblur121 »

Well then anything arch-based will probably have the same problems unless it was a specific package.
Try Debian. It is (as mentioned in the op) completely vanilla. It can be molded into anything you want it to be.
The problem with Manjaro is that my computer will not boot from it (gets all sorts of video card errors and processor issues). ArchBang and Arch work, but I don't want to use those two. I will try Debian now, though.

If you have archbang then why not just use that? I definitely would if Manjaro wasn't working.

What don't you like about arch?

What don't you like about arch?
Probably either the problems with bleeding-edge releases, or just the hassle of setting it all up.
That's why I chose manjaro over it. I don't regret it.

I don't like the fact that Arch's community is an starfish, though I love its flexibility and it runs great (usually) on most of my computers

Arch's community is an starfish
I'm pretty sure it's more than just one guy.

On a serious note, tell us the results of debian.
And if you don't like the community then use the wiki. I mean holy stuff it is the most useful thing EVER.

I don't like the fact that Arch's community is an starfish, though I love its flexibility and it runs great (usually) on most of my computers
then rely elsewhere when you have issues. im sure people hear can help and its more than likely you can solve the majority of your issues on your own

Pff, rm -rf / is for pussies. Real men use shred -fz /
I guess DDC is a pusillanimous individual then since he rm -rf'd his blockland hacking forum :cookieMonster: