Author Topic: Cca's 1 Free Dedicated Server Giveaway  (Read 5290 times)

i'd take it. i've had a couple projects stalled because i can't host for a large group of people. all of my projects have always been built around having a large number of players (25+) where I need a fast internet speed to maintain play-ability. I (and others) are working on a new siege and two RPGs. the siege probably needs it more since its going to be more action-packed than probably any of my previous servers and I just don't have the internet speed. the RPG is more of a long term thing.

i just hope lughost can handle it  :cookieMonster:
I could use the stress testing. :cookieMonster:

I would like to "enter" into this giveaway. If you need to know what I would use it for, I would most likely use it for this: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=252809.0

I hope you consider me. :P
Looks great!

Give it to bushido please please please.
No

hammereditor has his hosting service free if ur intreasted

thats the worst booby prize ever

that's a booby trap disguised as a prize, further disguised as a booby

Just giving you other options bushido

I vouch for Heedicalking to get the server, he made lots of great servers in the past. Heedicalking makes really fun servers imo.

thats the worst booby prize ever

that's a booby trap disguised as a prize, further disguised as a booby
There is a reason I provide great hardware and a great control panel for free:
To compensate for my low reputation, and.make everybody want to buy premium once it becomes an option.

There is a reason I provide great hardware and a great control panel for free:
To compensate for my low reputation, and.make everybody want to buy premium once it becomes an option.
No smart person wants to get your service because you could steal their keys. Your poor reputation is the fault for that.

wait was hammereditor literally just waiting for a chance to entrepreneur  his server

like he only appeared when we mentioned him as an alternate

No smart person wants to get your service because you could steal their keys. Your poor reputation is the fault for that.

look we all already know we all hate hammereditor you dont need to push the argument

nobody but him actually disagrees, and he's too dense to actually understand that he's at fault, so just let him sit around and make an ass of himself instead of actively provoke him

Harsh bro.
Guys. I know of HammerEditor's reputation... That just means I won't trust him with certain things, but I'm not going to verbally attack HammerEditor about his past. Just because he has a bad past does not mean you can't be friends and treat each other nicely. I consider myself a friend of HammerEditor, but I don't trust him with my keys. That's that and that's all.

What's in the past is done, and you can make the future better.

"A wise man once said...". Lol
Harsh bro.
Guys. I know of HammerEditor's reputation... That just means I won't trust him with certain things, but I'm not going to verbally attack HammerEditor about his past. Just because he has a bad past does not mean you can't be friends and treat each other nicely. I consider myself a friend of HammerEditor, but I don't trust him with my keys. That's that and that's all.

Harsh bro.

Okay I admit I was a bit harsh, I'll apologize for that. And yes, anyone can be Hammer's friend if they want to. My post above was mainly about why would we ever want to trust Hammer with our keys.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:05:34 AM by WALDO »

Cca can't loving steal keys the way we're doing this. He's paying for the server. He never touches it, never gets FTP, never gets eval unless the host gives it to him.

To pull that stunt the malicious user needs
1: a known key (probably their own) that is turned into a key.dat
2: another key.dat from the same server
To get the second key.dat you must either compromise the VPS or get FTP access.
That's not the point

That's not the point
What is the point? The fact that you've allegedly stolen keys?

That's not the point
Zeblote. Has your cheese slipped off your cracker... or?

nobody but him actually disagrees
Where in the world did you get this generalization from??
I had eight clients register for my hosting service this month (2 of them left because of CBMhost's new slots). The only thing that held new clients back is my willingness to add them. Not one of my potential clients has ever worried about the safety of their Blockland key.

and he's too dense to actually understand that he's at fault, so just let him sit around and make an ass of himself instead of actively provoke him
If I was dense then how could I program a whole hosting service?
And I totally know that the scandal with HamHost is the reason for your attitude, although there is still no evidence that I stole Blockland keys afterwards. That is why I am providing a ton of features for free: to make you change your minds about HammerHost.
My point is that the failure of my past hosting service has nothing to do with key.dat stealing.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:51:22 AM by Hammereditor5 »