Poll

Should I add increased BLID gathering abilities to Support_Updater and make a public, searchable list of BLIDs and names?

Yes
34 (81%)
No
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Support_Updater  (Read 53876 times)

http://rtb-archive.host22.com/ is hosted by 000webhost though and it works fine.
Doesn't work for me.

Does your host allow that, or do you host from home?
They don't seem to care. I've hosted things for other people before.

I love the use of progress bars. It's really pretty.

I love the use of progress bars. It's really pretty.

Oh, cool gif! Thanks.

@pecon I'm looking into purchasing a domain from internetbs.net. They're pretty cheap.

I wish there was a way to view the GUI when there are no updates, and have a list of all up-to-date mods and their changelogs.

The "Updates Available" text also looks very oddly positioned imo.

Hm is this on a beta version or something to be on modification discussion?

Subpixel, maybe I could add a management feature from the Options menu or something. It might be a bit outside the scope of this mod, though.

Hm is this on a beta version or something to be on modification discussion?

This add-on is just more relevant for modders than end-users and modders are more likely to check here.

You should provide some sort of updater.cs file for us to put in our mods, which force requires Support_Updater and provides a little box in-game that includes a download link to the mod.

Wouldn't be hard to code at all, but it would probably make this system more accessible.

EDIT: My repository seems to only be connected to when it has a trailing slash. (respository.zapkraft.net/)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:59:26 PM by Subpixel »

You should provide some sort of updater.cs file for us to put in our mods, which force requires Support_Updater and provides a little box in-game that includes a download link to the mod.

Wouldn't be hard to code at all, but it would probably make this system more accessible.

EDIT: My repository seems to only be connected to when it has a trailing slash. (respository.zapkraft.net/)
or it could just download support_updater ingame

or it could just download support_updater ingame
After notifying the user, hopefully.

After asking the user whether it should be downloaded

After asking the user whether it should be downloaded
download(s) support_updater ingame

not even hard though. definitely a good idea.

This is a great idea, however shouldn't there be an easier way to update the mod? I don't have a personal site that I can create a repository.

love the idea however there needs to be assured quick moderation.

theres a reason base Blockland doesnt allow for pushed updates, as they have the potential to be malicious.

love the idea however there needs to be assured quick moderation.
This is not supposed to be moderated. This is an automatic download manager that other people's add-ons can use. It will download from the website they provide.

theres a reason base Blockland doesnt allow for pushed updates, as they have the potential to be malicious.
Blockland does allow it, what do you think TCPObjects are for? Even if they don't use this updater, they could easily download stuff themselves. For example, I could easily include code to download more code in my add-ons. But do I do that? Nope. It's up to you whether you trust the creator of the add-on or not, if you download the updates it is at your own risk.

This is a great idea, however shouldn't there be an easier way to update the mod? I don't have a personal site that I can create a repository.
Pastebin.

Just provide the link to the raw text paste in version.txt.