Poll

Should I add increased BLID gathering abilities to Support_Updater and make a public, searchable list of BLIDs and names?

Yes
34 (81%)
No
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Support_Updater  (Read 53865 times)

This is a great idea, however shouldn't there be an easier way to update the mod? I don't have a personal site that I can create a repository.
Just stick it on the same thing you would host the add-on itself with.

Pastebin.

Just provide the link to the raw text paste in version.txt.

That's a pretty nice idea.

I just purchased a domain... Pecon and Zapk both offered to provide hosting. Let me know what I need to do.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:35:27 PM by Greek2me »

That's a pretty nice idea.

I just purchased greek2me.us... Pecon and Zapk both offered to provide hosting. Let me know what I need to do.
Depends who you're shooting for.

In my case I'd just need to set it up so you can change the DNS to my host. Then I can set up the site, FTP, email, MySQL, etc.

Yeah, the same for me. The main issue is I'm not exactly sure how setting up the nameservers works.

Everything should now be migrating over to mods.greek2me.us.

Pastebin.

Just provide the link to the raw text paste in version.txt.
Ah, didn't know it could be that simple. Thanks.

Ah, didn't know it could be that simple. Thanks.
Make sure to sign in and make it an editable paste, as your mod will point to that paste forever.

EDIT: My repository seems to only be connected to when it has a trailing slash. (respository.zapkraft.net/)

Just fixed this problem. You'll now be able to exclude the "/". Anything else that needs to be done?

The easy-install file is now available. Simply place this in your add-ons and execute it. It will prompt users to download Support_Updater and then do so automatically.

http://mods.greek2me.us/storage/Support_Updater/Support_UpdaterDownload.cs
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:26:34 AM by Greek2me »

The easy-install file is now available. Simply place this in your add-ons and execute it. It will prompt users to download Support_Updater and then do so automatically.

http://mods.greek2me.us/storage/Support_Updater/Support_UpdaterDownload.cs
I'm assuming you've added prevention of stacking, so 3 add-ons don't all download it at once?

I'm assuming you've added prevention of stacking, so 3 add-ons don't all download it at once?

Ah, I'd forgotten that.

Fixed now.

Site is down?
Oh, DNS failed for mods.greek2me.us on my nexus 7 with Chrome 35

There should be an individual update button for each add-on that needs updating. In case you want to update them in a different order or you want to update the ones that require a restart later or something. But you should still keep the update all button.

Site is down?
Oh, DNS failed for mods.greek2me.us on my nexus 7 with Chrome 35
Same problem, can't access the site it seems.

Same problem, can't access the site it seems.

DNS issues. I updated some stuff with the domain name. Can you try again?