Poll

Should I add increased BLID gathering abilities to Support_Updater and make a public, searchable list of BLIDs and names?

Yes
34 (81%)
No
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Support_Updater  (Read 53875 times)

You can now skip an update (will remind you next time you start Blockland) or ignore all updates from a specific add-on.

To do this, click on the new "..." button on the right-hand side of the queue when an update appears.

What do you name <repository:?>, what is the point in <channel:...> being anything other than release, and is the <restartRequired:999999> just supposed to be a boolean?

Also, what is the channel for in the version.txt?

Stable channel, unstable channel, dev channel...

What do you name <repository:?>, what is the point in <channel:...> being anything other than release, and is the <restartRequired:999999> just supposed to be a boolean?

The repository can be named whatever you want. You can also leave it blank and just do <repository>.

Like TBP said, you can have different channels for things like a beta version and that sort of stuff. The "channel" field in version.txt corresponds to a channel in the repository. That way it knows which channel to look at if the repository has multiple.

<restartRequired:version> takes the latest version that requires a restart after updating.

For example, look at my repository: http://mods.greek2me.us
You can see that Gamemode_Slayer has a release version of 3.8.1, but a required restart of "3.8 RC 1". This means that if upgrading from a version older than "3.8 RC 1" a restart will be required. The same can be seen with Support_Updater, where the version is 0.2 and a restart is required for 0.2.
You can also see that Gamemode_Slayer has multiple channels. These allow me to first release things to the "beta" channel and then later to the "release" channel if all goes well.

Was <desc:Blah> replaced by <changelog:blah>?

Was <desc:Blah> replaced by <changelog:blah>?

Desc is just a simple description of the update, maybe a tagline or something.

Changelog is the URL of a separate file that contains a TML formatted change log.

Sorry I don't have a proper documentation written yet.

Just wanted to let you know that the link is broken for me.

Just wanted to let you know that the link is broken for me.

DNS issues possibly. Please try again.

Updater checking repository mods.greek2me.us/
mods.greek2me.us/ does not own Support_Updater!
mods.greek2me.us/ does not own Gamemode_Slayer!
Updater checking repository mods.greek2me.us
mods.greek2me.us does not own Gamemode_Slayer_CTF!

Updater checking repository mods.greek2me.us/
mods.greek2me.us/ does not own Support_Updater!
mods.greek2me.us/ does not own Gamemode_Slayer!
Updater checking repository mods.greek2me.us
mods.greek2me.us does not own Gamemode_Slayer_CTF!

That should go away once you update everything.

That should go away once you update everything.
Everything is up to date.

Everything is up to date.

Try to redownload Gamemode_Slayer_CTF. http://mods.greek2me.us/storage/Gamemode_Slayer_CTF/Gamemode_Slayer_CTF.zip

This was a temporary problem while I was still figuring out how I wanted the repositories to work.

Question: Should I remove the stupid image bullet points and just do a nice, simple one instead?

I can't even get a changelog to appear, dunno :s

I can't even get a changelog to appear, dunno :s

Blockland only seems to get the first line of the changelog, which is "<version:0.1.3-dev-4>". I'm not sure why yet. I'll look into it.

Ugh, I still need documentation, sorry. Anyway, you can't have version numbers like this: 0.1.3-dev-4. Place a space after 0.1.3.