Author Topic: YorkTown95's CRP  (Read 40721 times)

can i see screenshots please
Ask and ye shall recieve

-

Update MORE PICS

Hey man checkout that TACO BLOK, looks p. good
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:53:43 PM by AdinX »

Really? How do I protect myself from it???

Adblock bro

Adblock bro

I actually have adblock on and it was still there

Here's a pic of the business that will likely ruin me. :P

god damnit i got to 6 stars all because some guy wouldn't get out of my loving scooter and WINK ARRESTED ME AAAAAAAAAAGH

god damnit i got to 6 stars all because some guy wouldn't get out of my loving scooter and WINK ARRESTED ME AAAAAAAAAAGH
wait i thought issues such as this were supposed to actually be fixed by now

wtf jasa

26 EXP and $2.4k at the end of the first day. Very fun!

whoa 26 xp

See? It's possible.

I don't like the way experience works.

Instead of it being based completely on chance, it should be a sort of token economy system. Basically, you gain "points" which are small, insignificant rewards that are given to you for doing your job. Once a certain amount of points is attained, you gain one experience point.

For example:

You're a laborer and you get experience from collecting resources. Instead of your gaining experience hinging completely on one lumber or one ore, each resource you obtain has a chance of giving you a point. Let's say you have a 50/50 chance of getting a point from every resource you gather. So if you collect 500 lumber, you would theoretically get 250 points. Once you reach a certain amount of points, you automatically gain the experience point and the counter resets. Instead of the laborer getting one experience for 1000 lumber, and then another experience after only 20 lumber, they would get one experience for 475 lumber, then another experience point after 530 lumber, etc.

The "points" don't even have to be shown to the player. This is just a way to make gaining experience better.

Also, there was a disagreement just a while ago. Nobot was harboring criminals and making up rules to benefit himself and is friends. Basically, he was harboring criminal-friends inside his house. Then, when I blew the house up with a grenade to allow cops in to arrest them, the two inside were killed and they dropped their weapons. dwaif jumped in and grabbed the weapons, but the house reappeared leaving dwaif inside.

Nobot then threatened to ban dwaif if he did not give the weapons over.

He says above that if dwaif leaves before handing over the weapons, he will be banned. However, there being no actual set rules, Nobot says that this rule is common sense. It is obviously not a "common sense rule".

He then defends himself with the above. Even if this was a rule, I was the one who killed the criminals. dwaif was simply a bystander grabbing weapons (the weapons and their money are legal to pick up because they were criminals). You can't ban someone for legally obtaining weapons and then leaving. After those weapons are picked up, they are dwaif's.

Anyways. It's over with, but I suggest talking to Nobot about making up rules to benefit him and his friends, and perhaps creating a set of rules so this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future.

Also, there was a disagreement just a while ago. Nobot was harboring criminals and making up rules to benefit himself and is friends. Basically, he was harboring criminal-friends inside his house. Then, when I blew the house up with a grenade to allow cops in to arrest them, the two inside were killed and they dropped their weapons. dwaif jumped in and grabbed the weapons, but the house reappeared leaving dwaif inside.

Nobot then threatened to ban dwaif if he did not give the weapons over.

-snip-

He says above that if dwaif leaves before handing over the weapons, he will be banned. However, there being no actual set rules, Nobot says that this rule is common sense. It is obviously not a "common sense rule".

-snip-

He then defends himself with the above. Even if this was a rule, I was the one who killed the criminals. dwaif was simply a bystander grabbing weapons (the weapons and their money are legal to pick up because they were criminals). You can't ban someone for legally obtaining weapons and then leaving. After those weapons are picked up, they are dwaif's.

Anyways. It's over with, but I suggest talking to Nobot about making up rules to benefit him and his friends, and perhaps creating a set of rules so this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future.
Let's go over this situation from my point of view, because it is a weird one.

>You threw a HE grenade at my house and dwaif took a gun that I had given to a friend of mine.
He didn't have to take the gun, he made himself get stuck. His own fault. I didn't see you run in there to take a gun.

>He got stuck in my house because he was grabbing the gun and then the bricks re-appeared.
I don't have to get him out if he is going to be a richard and just take the gun and run. Keep in mind this is my house and he is just a Rookie (aka Policeman)

I also think that if (aside from the scenario) you disconnect and reconnect to just not have to die and lose a gun, that's against the rules.
I mean seriously, if I grab a ton of loving weapons during a -possible- battle, and I disconnect, do you really think that is allowed?
I'm sorry but that's common sense to me.

In the end he finally stopped being stubborn and gave back the gun and I let him out. (even though I didn't have to)
Then the guy he had killed later got arrested.

He could have caught the guy sooner if he wasn't being so rude and not even bothering to give me my gun back.

I don't exactly know how the whole 'disconnect to keep items' thing works but it seems pretty wrong to me.
York has even told me if I feel like something isn't right I should enforce it. Well I did.

TL;DR: It was his fault for getting stuck in my house, I locked him in and made a deal with him.
He can't disconnect to keep a weapon because that idea is flawed and can be used as an exploit.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 06:16:11 AM by Nobot »

Maybe rather than disconnecting to KEEP the weapon, he had to go?
And perhaps rather than calling him a richard for claiming a weapon and "being rude," you didn't have to
lock him in and make a deal with him.

You're an admin. And you got upset over a gun and the fact that your shop/house was blown up to get harbored criminals. On most City RPGs that's a crime in itself, even bannable in truly rare cases. Dwaif hadn't even done anything, he just saw a free weapon. Like you wouldn't have gone for it? Even BEYOND that, he couldn't escape if he left LATER either, because of player persistence. If he left in your shop, he'd spawn in your shop. Him disconnecting as he would have, would literally have 0 affect on you.

-just realized you aren't blok- oops

But anyways I personally don't think it's dumb because I was apart of their group too and just because I am an admin doesn't really change anything? Guns are still expensive and I'm broke.

Also he didn't have to go. He said "I could just disconnect to keep these nice akimbos :)" aka implying he would disconnect for the sole purpose to keep the wep.

Another note: player persistence doesn't work for me though, I spawn on my personal spawn. Maybe it doesn't save if you have one?

Yeah I guess I did sort of over react but I saw an opportunity to get my gun back cause he was stuck in my house and I took that as an advantage to at least try to get it back :I
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:24:12 AM by Nobot »