Poll

Even if no more problems with the home-hosting happen, would you pay $4.00/month if HammerHost was still run at home?

Yes, home hosting will stabilize and become more reliable
No, I feel comfortable only with a remote dedicated server

Author Topic: HammerHost dedicated hosting service :: Clients, get your files  (Read 50972 times)

I don't think this has anything to do with the hosting service.

Ok, I'll put it in help.

Broken again?
No surprise here.

No it's back up now.
The topic title says its broken?
I don't see why anyone would actually want to use this horrible service. Better just to use a private VPS

I don't see why anyone would actually want to use this horrible service. Better just to use a private VPS
Furdle flaming?
No surprise here.

I really don't see why people keep trying to dip their toes into his service. It's really none of your business, you aren't a paid client, for that matter you are not a client at all to my knowledge. Sure you can say "There are a few issues Hammer, you should get on that" or something along those lines. Not just dropping in and giving a complete useless and discouraging comment such as you said. Plus, I think Hammer has achieved more than you will achieve in a year. How about you try running a service?

You'll more than likely reply with "that's my opinion", sure it is, and you are entitled to your own opinion, but taking a crap on his thread isn't very mature-like. If you find a product by, lets, say, Microsoft, to give a good review, or to let others see where the faults are in the product, your not going to blatantly say "This sucks".

In other words, provide factual information before commenting. Now there is obviously some obvious faults such as this continuously downtime, but please, just be more useful instead of wasting room in this topic.

No offense by the way, I just see this all the time with servers and such. This is where our community has fallen.

Hammer i really need you to reactivate my server, i cannot control the panel anymore, i checked my firewall that it is disabled, it was. Then i tried refreshing 1 - 3 seconds, then 5 - 10 then 10 - 30, but still my auth failed, it worked before, now it is not, please help.

Hammer i really need you to reactivate my server, i cannot control the panel anymore, i checked my firewall that it is disabled, it was. Then i tried refreshing 1 - 3 seconds, then 5 - 10 then 10 - 30, but still my auth failed, it worked before, now it is not, please help.
Try deleting browse history. Did that too. Then it worked.

LugHost and HammerHost both named after themselves, both poorly planned, both failed...
If you are gonna provide a service, take the time to do it right.

LugHost and HammerHost both named after themselves, both poorly planned, both failed...

LugHost was really well planned.

Yet he chose a provider with a super restrictive DoS policy? Good planning!

This happens whenever an invalid JSON command is received during authentication. I will look into it today.

What makes you think my hosting service was poorly planned because of the ISP having unexpected issues? This intermittent downtime for the past 3 days is the only issue I had with Verizon. Other than this, they have given 99.99% uptime over the past 2 years.
I certainly spent more time than Lugnut did making a control panel, because my clients are not as technically advanced as his. That was the first thing I did to prepare; I did not shove a simple start/stop system in the faces of my clients and tell them to use FTP for everything, like I and Pacnet did 2 years ago.

The failure of LugHost was also not Lugnut's fault. It takes us hosts weeks of programming to build a hosting service, and some hacker kid destroys all our hard work in just hours. How the hell do you plan ahead of time for a DDoS attack??

Additionally, did you forget about the whole beta stage? That lasted one month too. During that time, I discovered that a VPS would not be sufficient for running popular BL servers. I discovered bug after bug in my c-panel programs. So if I had just outright released without a beta-testing phase, all my clients would leave because the control panel would be so buggy. All of this was preperation.

Yet he chose a provider with a super restrictive DoS policy? Good planning!
Well, I am going to have to agree that Lugnut should have not quit on the first atttack. What if it would never come again?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:25:32 AM by Hammereditor5 »

This intermittent downtime for the past 3 days is the only issue I had with Verizon.
Sounds fishy to me, what are they saying the issue is?

How the hell do you plan ahead of time for a DDoS attack??
Picking a provider without a restrictive DDoS policy. When hosting games it's fundanemtal, you'd think people would have learnt from RTB closing down.

Sounds fishy to me, what are they saying the issue is?
The ISP says the details are "restricted", and all they said was that they have to null-route a block of IP addresses at random times.

Picking a provider without a restrictive DDoS policy. When hosting games it's fundanemtal, you'd think people would have learnt from RTB closing down.
Yes, this is exactly why I chose to home-host! All these small server ISP's can get lots of upstream bandwidth for cheap, which is why you can get a 1 Gbps connection on a $40 VPS. But Verizon is the largest ISP in the United States, and it's also a business plan. They are not going to null-route a customer for being a DoS victim anytime soon. I chatted with them once about this.