Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 221771 times)

will bots be able to climb/navigate stairs?

That's what I'm working on right now. Currently they can only climb stairs that are 2x deep, not ones that are 1x. For example:

So do bots follow the lines?
Or do they just try to stay within the mesh itself?

The lines show the connections between nodes. Basically, I break down the space into walkable nodes, which are then linked. Here's a visualization of the nodes:

Damn. Can't wait to take a look at that code

That's what I'm working on right now. Currently they can only climb stairs that are 2x deep, not ones that are 1x. For example:

The lines show the connections between nodes. Basically, I break down the space into walkable nodes, which are then linked. Here's a visualization of the nodes:

im crying this is beautiful

will they be able to handle doors or bricks without collision?

Oh my god. Will you release that as a standalone add-on? I would want all bots to be able to actually navigate builds.

will they be able to handle doors or bricks without collision?

Not right now. There will definitely be a number of limitations upon release, including that one.

Can they jump up to nodes such as those on boxes?

when will this be released?

Not right now. There will definitely be a number of limitations upon release, including that one.
Would it be possible to manually edit meshes to make it so we can fix things like this? And can we make it so bots know to do certain things when moving between certain nodes (i. e. crouch, jump, click a certain brick)? Do they know how to crawl through small spaces? Do they know you can jump between platforms?

I'm honestly just happy that soon we're going to have any path-finding whatsoever. Special conditions can probably be added in due time when the heavy lifting is out of the way.

I'm honestly just happy that soon we're going to have any path-finding whatsoever. Special conditions can probably be added in due time when the heavy lifting is out of the way.
^  yeah let's show some appreciation for the incredible work greek is doing here, he can only pump out A+ add-ons so quickly lol. Keep it up greek, this is looking like it will be one of my favorite add-ons ever.

Can I suck your richard, Greek?

i have a potato for a computer, how intensive should we expect this technological leap to be

i have a potato for a computer, how intensive should we expect this technological leap to be
Generating it? Not very intensive, have seen Trader form nodes like this and it was years ago; even then it went smoothly. Would describe it's effect on performance as similar to duping a build.