Slayer | New Bugfix Update

Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 217282 times)

Excellent! Before trying just want to be sure, this only allows the event to modify the game. It doesn’t allow anybody to edit the game through the gui, right? If so that’s excellent ty and should be done bothering you hahah.

Excellent! Before trying just want to be sure, this only allows the event to modify the game. It doesn’t allow anybody to edit the game through the gui, right? If so that’s excellent ty and should be done bothering you hahah.

Yep, that's right!

Any way I can set uniforms without being in a team?

player persistence doesn't seem to be working with slayer.

People don't rejoin where they left off they rejoin in the spawn room.

Scores and items don't save either.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:12:53 PM by King Tøny »

player persistence doesn't seem to be working with slayer.

People don't rejoin where they left off they rejoin in the spawn room.

Scores and items don't save either.

I already told you this, but for anybody else reading, I don't think that's how persistence is supposed to work.

Any way I can set uniforms without being in a team?

What do you mean? Like, change your player appearance? What's your end goal?

I already told you this, but for anybody else reading, I don't think that's how persistence is supposed to work.

Are you able to include player persistence to work in minigames?

I didn't realize persistence doesn't work for minigames I thought it was always included.

Hey Greek, how do I go about detecting when there's only one player left on a slayer team through events? Do I have to use VCE to do that? or is there a trigger event in slayer events for that.

Reason i'm asking is because i'm making a zombie survival gamemode and it's supposed to be that when there's only one human left alive it plays special music until they die.

Anyone know how to get player persistence to work with slayer?

Hey Greek, how do I go about detecting when there's only one player left on a slayer team through events? Do I have to use VCE to do that? or is there a trigger event in slayer events for that.

Reason i'm asking is because i'm making a zombie survival gamemode and it's supposed to be that when there's only one human left alive it plays special music until they die.

Yeah, there's a VCE variable for it. <var:mg:teamLiving[1-6]>

So to get the number of players alive on team 1, use <var:mg:teamLiving1>

There's more VCE stuff listed in the Help tab of the GUI.

Anyone know how to get player persistence to work with slayer?

I looked into it a little but honestly I just don't have time to work on it.

Well take your time if you can.

I know the SS medieval RP had working player persistence but they don't like to share their add-ons.

Yeah, there's a VCE variable for it. <var:mg:teamLiving[1-6]>

So to get the number of players alive on team 1, use <var:mg:teamLiving1>

There's more VCE stuff listed in the Help tab of the GUI.

Do I do that using Minigame as the target, or Self as the target? and is it ifVariable or ifValue?

also, is there a trigger event for when one team wins a round? or how can i detect through events which team wins the round

also, "onMinigameRoundEnd" and "onMinigameRoundStart" do not seem to let me do minigame events in minigames between rounds. how can i fix that? i'm trying to do:

onMinigameRoundEnd -> Self -> VCE_ifValue -> <var:mg:teamLiving1> = 0
onVariableTrue -> Minigame -> Playsound

but it doesn't work

I think it has something to do with events not working properly when the player is dead or when a round restarts (since you can't activate stuff in a minigame until 5 seconds after it starts or after 5 seconds from teleporting somewhere)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:54:35 PM by Planr »

No, I think it might be a problem with the way that onVariableTrue detects the minigame. Try including all players' bricks in the minigame?

is there a way to make it so that when players on a specific team die, it plays a client sound for them? i want to have onMinigameDeath(team1) or something like that for a trigger so it only triggers if the player who dies is on team 1.

is there a way to make it so that when players on a specific team die, it plays a client sound for them? i want to have onMinigameDeath(team1) or something like that for a trigger so it only triggers if the player who dies is on team 1.

Maybe something like this:

onMinigameDeath -> Client -> VCE_IfValue <var:cl:team> == [team #]
onVariableTrue -> Client -> Playsound

I don't remember the exact VCE events but it should be similar to the above.