Slayer | New Bugfix Update

Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 217306 times)

is there a way to get slayer to not reset your progress when you rejoin the slayer game?

Player persistence works, it saves everything to the client folder.

The only reason why it doesn't work with slayer because when you join a minigame everything resets which also resets player persistence.

How do I force players to automatically respawn in team minigames?

bots are just floating heads, no matter the uniform type i pick. also it spams console about a nameless node not existing https://leopard.hosting/dl/oiwfy/console.log
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:00:25 PM by maxymax13 »

Can someone here figure out how to get player persistence to work with slayer please.

How do I force players to automatically respawn in team minigames?

What do you mean? Automatically respawn as opposed to "Click to respawn"? I never added that as a feature because somebody had already made an add-on for that. It's something like Script_ForceRespawn.

Can someone here figure out how to get player persistence to work with slayer please.

Try this and see if it works. I literally haven't tested it at all: http://mods.greek2me.us/storage/beta/Gamemode_Slayer.zip

Try this and see if it works. I literally haven't tested it at all: http://mods.greek2me.us/storage/beta/Gamemode_Slayer.zip

Cool I'll try it out, I appreciate you taking the time to update slayer for this.

I tried the update and persistence does not seem to be working.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:03:29 PM by King Tøny »

so i dont understand how exactly to start a slayer mini-game when im in the custom gamemode. it's blacked out and i cant create anything but a vanilla minigame, and i can't edit it or turn it into a slayer minigame

just to mention, i do have it enabled in my mods, so i can see it when i open the minigame tab, but like i said, it's blacked out.

EDIT: so after various restarts and loving around i got it to work. i enabled blockland glass and i dont know if thats what did it, because it doesnt make sense, but it works now.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:55:52 AM by Ceist »

Is there a possible way to make name distance for one team only?

I.E. blues can see other blues from far away but cannot see reds

I don't know if this has been reported or not, but slayer and vehicles with hands-on-wheel support don't get along very well.

When a player in a slayer team dismounts a vehicle with hands-on-wheel (Used by most Filipe1020 vehicles, most Teneksi vehicles, most Barnabas vehicles, and a lot more) they lose their hands. Their hands may return but only if they are driving the vehicle again, as soon as they exit the vehicle or switch seats the hands are gone again.

This doesn't happen with people in a slayer mini-game who are not on a team.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:27:08 AM by master king deaddude »

Why this not worked?
You should also post your console log so someone can figure out what's happening, the screenshot doesn't tell us anything by itself

-nvm it fixed somehow-
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:26:53 AM by master king deaddude »

you need to fix the player persistence compatibility already. everyone has to ctrl k if its on to start the minigame with all correct items and have you at the correct spawnpoint.

you need to fix the player persistence compatibility already. everyone has to ctrl k if its on to start the minigame with all correct items and have you at the correct spawnpoint.

And add teams to persistence.