Filipe1020's Development Topic - LOCKED (Move to the Add-Ons Topic)

Poll

What style of vehicle you would like to see more?

Modern expensive cars
6 (15.4%)
Early 2000's or 90's generic cheap cars (sedans or so on)
6 (15.4%)
Specific cars for specific purposes (Mail or ice cream van for example)
6 (15.4%)
60's luxury Cars
2 (5.1%)
70's whatever Cars
5 (12.8%)
80's iconic Cars
3 (7.7%)
Racing Cars (NASCAR, Le Mans, stuff like that)
3 (7.7%)
Eastern European Old Cars (Trabant or Lada vehicles for example)
1 (2.6%)
War Vehicles (yes that's right)
3 (7.7%)
Boats (not sure how I'll be able to do it but we'll see)
3 (7.7%)
Planes
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Filipe1020's Development Topic - LOCKED (Move to the Add-Ons Topic)  (Read 297539 times)

I voted no on removing engine sounds, why?

Of all the Blockland vehicles available there is finally vehicles with sounds, people should of done this ages ago.
I do feel they need to be improved however.

If port were to comply, the engine sounds would change smoothly depending on speed.
But noooo, he won't give me the script because it's "his". And it is, but... then he continues to ask "why dont you make stuff with me"

Toggleable engine sounds would be nice, but having no engine sounds is the literal example of "NNGH CHAANGE" attitude we have.

If port were to comply, the engine sounds would change smoothly depending on speed.
But noooo, he won't give me the script because it's "his". And it is, but... then he continues to ask "why dont you make stuff with me"

Toggleable engine sounds would be nice, but having no engine sounds is the literal example of "NNGH CHAANGE" attitude we have.
Thank you Arekan. Why I voted for no in a nutshell

I was looking into how it could be possible, the only way I could see is distancing the sound source, but that could be glitchy, since you would have to have a loop to move the sound source.
Another way I was think is if I am correct on how it works, the sound source now is in a node of the vehicle, and if so you could distance it by moving from one mount point to another, but still would be jumpy.
I noticed sound sources have a volume option, but it seems to not work for me, I might look some more into that idea since it would be the best one.
Having it lower the volume of the lower RPM, and raise the volume of the upper RPM, sorta like how Racer works if you have ever played it.

I had to say yes, but I'm not really sure why I had to. However do you think these engine sounds are using some datablocks perhaps?

I want to know if you guys want me to keep the engine sounds for the next gen vehicles or remove them, some people asked me to remove them for some reason and I want to know which will win the poll
I don't like them because they make it impossible to use a couple other mods, and they have the potential to be very loud and annoying. One thing you might be able to do is have a vehicle sounds mod released separately. I've seen one done that gave every land vehicle on the server sounds with one mod. It's private however. Or you could release different versions.

As much as I love your sounds, they really do need to be optional in some way.

Heres an idea, if you dont like them... turn your Bl sound off and turn on pandora, if you do, keep it on, i personally like them only because its a new feel to blockland.

Heres an idea, if you dont like them... turn your Bl sound off and turn on pandora, if you do, keep it on, i personally like them only because its a new feel to blockland.
I need sound or lake thereof for things other than how much it pleases me such as police sirens and being able to sneak up on people in vehicles. Sound is a huge gameplay factor on my server and many friends of mine which is why I'm asking.

Improve them, don't remove them.
lol nice. I agree with this - but I mainly have speedkarts/superkarts in mind. I liked bushido's engine sounds. his gear changing sound was awesome

it would be best if the sounds could be enabled/disabled. you know in audio options how there are 3 settings? could the engine sounds be one of the lower 2 so you don't have to turn off your master sound?

Make the sounds an RTB pref.

that would require Transitional RTB

I already fixed that and now it works like the Hydric
Sweet. Definitely keep them

That was the plan, but for some reason when I gave Filipe the copy of Hydric with the pref to toggle sounds, it simply didn't show up in his server settings.
However when I checked it on my own server, it was there.

that would require Transitional RTB
And how is that a problem?