Author Topic: Kalphiter's latest and stupidest rant  (Read 33942 times)

Um...you interpreted those two Reddit posts reversely. Kalphiter is saying that nerraD is invincible and poops on my hosting service, and Ephialtes is also invincible. Kalphiter is not encouraging the forums to attack problem users; he is a problem user himself. What happened to your logic detector?
Kalphiter is supporting me, not attacking me. He is one of my friends.

I don't think Kalphiter was simply hating Badspot. He tried to post on the Blockland subreddit about this issue, but he was censored there, so the only other place where he could get exposure was /r/BlocklandIsHorrible. AFAIK he still has a key and plays the game, and is invested in it's future.
He never promised stuff.
The whole point of removing terrains and interiors was to simplify the code, allowing for faster and more frequent development.
We can't afford to not put out updates for 18 months while we rewrite everything. We can make incremental changes and get big improvements in the short term. Killing interiors + terrains is a big step towards a brighter future. Bigger than buying a copy of Unity.

He never promised stuff.
Yes he did.

another dumbass supporting him, ☑
hrrrg~ >.<

another dumbass supporting him, ☑
another dumbass with no argument using ad hominem instead of countering his poionts, ☑

another dumbass with no argument using ad hominem instead of countering his poionts, ☑
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
calling someone a dumbass is ad hominem, given that he provided no other argument or contribution but calling him an starfish

i was reading the reddit posts on BlocklandIsHorrible and I saw one about the thompson maroon thing

Kalphiter confirmed gay 2014

"that research isn't even that great"

kalphiter would be an expert to judge gay research

keeping his forums and game alive
this isn't a feat of achievement to be honest.  i hardly play blockland anymore, and there will always be kids who enjoy playing blockland.  the forums will always be populated with people and handicaps, yet this is probably the only thread worth reading in a long time because of how interesting this debate can get.

Out of curiosity, why does it matter? You paid $20 and you got a copy of the game. That was the arrangement. I don't recall seeing a "There will be a constant stream of patches forever more."

Is it ethically right for Badspot to patch the game? Sure. Would it benefit the community/players? Absolutely. Are there certain problems that *should* be fixed? Likely. Does Badspot have a responsibility? No, unless you want to consider Blockland a service and not a piece of software, in which case you should be paying $XX a month in subscription fees.

and is invested in it's future
Not true at all. Kalphiter is in fact making his own block-building game right now.

This is an indie lego-like game, we're lucky it's being updated at all.

dont see why everyone's saying "badspot doesn't have to update!!!". no stuff he doesn't have to update, if he did then there wouldn't be this problem. i thought i've made it clear 300 times already. i'm complaining because he said directly in the shaders + shadows topic that the changes made in that update would make way for even bigger and better updates. It was even stated that fixing vehicle physics would be easier too. Nothing has happened.

When someone releases a product that contains bugs and problems, it's to be expected that they fix it. When someone says that big updates are to be expected, they should actually follow through. No stuff they don't HAVE to update, i don't see why you're bringing that up. I'm deliberately pissing on badspot's actions because he chose to abandon the game. There's no justice or righteous law crap to it, i'm mad because he gave up. I'm mad because this game could be 10x better than what it is if he only chose to work a bit more on it. I'm mad because I see so much potential, but "badspot's not FORCED to update you just feel ENTITLED" so nothing will ever come from it.