E3 2014 Megathread (E3 is over!)

Poll

How was this year's E3?

Fantastic! So many great games were shown!
8 (33.3%)
Great but there were times it could've been better!
9 (37.5%)
Just average. Not enough good games.
5 (20.8%)
Terrible, everything was bad.
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: E3 2014 Megathread (E3 is over!)  (Read 29199 times)

Yeah that's totally legitimate. My 6"7' uncle works in LA and while talking to Tom Cruise at head level while standing up, he saw this paper on a guy with "Nintendo" written on their third ass cheek.
Dudereally

I wanna go to E3 with someone next year

Anyone wanna go with me?
i'm down! i've gone every year for the past 3 years
Quick, use a blockland themed t-shirt, represent your people.
I JUST MIGHT.
i mean maybe jees we could been at igf
CAMEL
ARE U TESTING ME
WE'RE GONNA MAKE THE stuff OUT OF THAT GAME

Also, what are you working for? I thought you had to be a reporter to get into E3
my friend's dad has heavy connections with nvidia and microsoft, and works on the show modern family. you don't have to be a reporter, per se, you just need connections with the industry.

That can't be real, The mechs in X aren't called mechs.

I'm about to be that guy, but...

Unless I was working PR/Showcasing, I honestly wouldn't have much interest in going to E3. The conferences are about the only interesting thing. The reason PAX/GDC exist is because E3 is so media-centric, most of the time devs and fans will get pushed around just so journalists can get an extra turn playing some game.

If you manage to get in, congratulations, but be prepared to wait in massive lines and be swapped by cameras and event organisers.

why does your profile say you live in Detroit
Because I... I.....

What?
t'was a joke. you live in detroit, and people here take it like it's a death sentence or something.

refer to this if you're still confused

t'was a joke. you live in detroit, and people here take it like it's a death sentence or something.
I live in LA, but Detroit's the city I want to move to. [inb4 "WHY" "rip muslim" "lol stupid" "inb4 u get shot"]

That can't be real, The mechs in X aren't called mechs.
There's also the question of who the forget are these leaked papers made for

for a "Check that everything is going as planned" manager? It's like if a museum with a priceless diamond inside, released a loving paper that explains how to break into the museum with a priceless diamond inside and steal it without anyone finding out.

So you're saying that it totally was just reporters who screamed for their life when Twilight Princess was revealed in 2001?
E3 became invite only back in 2007 or 08

E3 became invite only back in 2007 or 08
Wait, seriously?

All those people in the 2011 Wii U reveal were just reporters?

Wait, seriously?

All those people in the 2011 Wii U reveal were just reporters?
no
you're both right, it's invite only but people can get in through connections (in my case, family connections)
so definitely not just reporters, i'm sure wives and husbands and children and stuff go all the time through familial connections.

I wish stuff would happen in Michigan :(

I wish stuff would happen in Michigan :(
I feel you :(

When I have the money/am old enough to drive there by myself, I'm def. going.