mus develops a language - stereotypical korean sounding update

Author Topic: mus develops a language - stereotypical korean sounding update  (Read 4307 times)

Direction: turπps
In: grain

OSV

"You are going in the right direction."
"Right direction, you are going in" (the is removed)

Kompresar turπps dubá arπos eiπn grain

Check this out:
http://archive.today/1jDBL

It was my first attempt at a conlang as a little kid.
The website is long gone but thank god some archive sites still have it for some reason.
The graphics (actual Azjherbeniex letters) are gone, as the archive site didn't preserve them.

Check this out:
http://archive.today/1jDBL

It was my first attempt at a conlang as a little kid.
The website is long gone but thank god some archive sites still have it for some reason.
The graphics (actual Azjherbeniex letters) are gone, as the archive site didn't preserve them.
Cool, but it sucks that they didn't keep the letters.

"Right direction, you are going in" (the is removed)

Kompresar turπps dubá arπos eiπn grain
so basically this language translated to english is yoda

so basically this language translated to english is yoda
Yoda speaks in OSV so I guess so

I should create a language using the runic alphabet, everyone seems to either use Latin, Cryllic, or Greek.

forget - facch/fachh (decide for me pls)

OP is muslim, right?

I should create a language using the runic alphabet, everyone seems to either use Latin, Cryllic, or Greek.
I'm going to also add some icelandic letters into this. But it will be a pain to copy and paste each one, so I will also have alternative spellings.

OP is muslim, right?
Yes

Teacher - æsir
Leader - vanir
Land - þa
Take - ʏfsɪlɔn [Rough draft]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 06:38:24 PM by mus »

A lot of people apparently don't understand. Languages aren't word for word translations. It's meaning for meaning.

For example
"Estudio chino todos los días." means "To study Chinese every day". Once again, it's not a word to word translation. It means the same thing between the languages.

Now it is totally okay to have words that are directly translated. The sentence structure should be different or it turns into some sort of crypto talk or some stuff, because you're just replacing words with other words.

A lot of people apparently don't understand. Languages aren't word for word translations. It's meaning for meaning.

For example
"Estudio chino todos los días." means "To study Chinese every day". Once again, it's not a word to word translation. It means the same thing between the languages.

Now it is totally okay to have words that are directly translated. The sentence structure should be different or it turns into some sort of crypto talk or some stuff, because you're just replacing words with other words.
Most of us aren't brain-dead enough to invent the horribly handicapped structure and complex, arbitrary set of rules most languages use today.

I'm 14. Do you think I am going to mess with that?

I'm 14. Do you think I am going to mess with that?
...then why bother in the first place if your plan was to do it incorrectly.