Author Topic: Assimilatory Alien War Debate  (Read 8416 times)

Ohforget

So many replies already.

I'll try to get to most of them.

Xenomorphs, Necromorphs, and Headcrabs do not stand a chance in hell against any other singular unit in that competition, are you serious? Headcrabs especially because they lack any special traits whatsoever and are poor combatants on their own merit. Headcrabs would be the first to go, if not then it was because they were deemed such a nonissue that everything else ignored them.
Xenomorphs and Necromorphs are also nonissues for the other four races/organisms presented. Xenomorphs, while deadly on their own merit, lack the numbers of Tyranids, Zerg, and Flood, as well as lack the adaptibility of the The Thing. Besides, Genestealers from the 'Nids are just as deadly, probably even more so. So Xenomorphs are loving out. Necromorphs are just reanimated corpses so that's just a bunch of slow, shambling biomass for everything else to consume. So those are out.
That leaves Flood, Tyranids, Zerg, and The Thing.
Now the most comparable of those four would be Tyranids and Zerg, and I'm not afraid to say that the Tyranids do literally everything the Zerg is capable of but better, faster, more efficiently, and with greater number. So Zerg are out. This leaves Tyranids, Flood, and The Thing. Due to the infectious nature of the Flood it could be argued that Tyranids and Flood would be on somewhat even ground here. However, assuming the Tyranids would be capable of ingesting Flood tissue without infection, the Flood are gonna get forgeted.
So this, therefore, leaves the Tyranids and The Thing. Judging by what Zombi is saying, The Thing is the most tangible threat against the Tyranids, however I don't believe he considered that if The Thing were to disguise itself as a Tyranid, it would be found and left away from the main force, just like Primal Tyranids, due to its lack of connection to the Hive Ship. And assuming it began to attack the Tyranids the Tyranids would fight right back. But considering what Zombi is saying I don't think the Tyranids would be able to kill it dead, and it would continue to be a bit of a thorn in the Tyranid's side for a very long time.
tl:dr Tyranids win, The Thing is still alive. Everything else gets to get shat on. That's my input anyways.

Also only like four of these are parasites what are you doing OP

They are all parasites.

Other than that, LACK OF ADAPTABILITY?!
The Thing can stay frozen for thousands of years and still live.
Even when it is killed it's never fully "dead".

Personal Opinion on the War:

Headcrabs and the Xenomorphs would be caught up a little, but regardless, Headcrabs would die off first.
The Xenomorphs would get infected by the Martian Gothic Bacteria, instantly making groups of three Xenos fuse together into a Trimorph.
The Trimorph and Non-Dead Xenos would fight the Necros, carrying the infection. Necromorphs get infected aswell.
Necro-Xeno-Undead Trimorphs move onwards.

The Thing, although having very little hosts, assimilates the bacteria, eventually getting its traits, and then assimilating the Xenonecromorphs.
The Thing assimilates them and moves on to The Flood.
The Flood and The Thing have an endless genetic war, constantly regenerating their genes.
The Thing would probably allow itself to be assimilated, only to assimilate The Flood from the inside out. (Probably)
The Xenonecromorphs assimilated by The Thingflood, moves on to The Tyranids, which have already assimilated The Zerg.
Thingflood assimilates Tyrazerg over hundreds of years time.

Thing/Flood wins.
(In my opinion)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:07:46 PM by Doom Mantis »

They are all parasites.

Other than that, LACK OF ADAPTABILITY?!
The Thing can stay frozen for thousands of years and still live.
Even when it is killed it's never fully "dead".
Like the Thing?

op forgot lovecraftian anomalies

op forgot lovecraftian anomalies

They would probably get assimilated early on.

They would probably get assimilated early on.
Wow you're dumb.

Wow you're dumb.

C'thulu would probably get assimilated.
Flying Polyps would probably get assimilated.
Shoggoth? I'm going to add Shoggoth.

No.
you know that you can put addition quotes into your post right?

>assimilating extra-dimensional deities
Hahahahaha no.

dude

do you even know how cthulhu works

WOW YOU'RE DUMB.
Your mind is as much of an enigma as cthulhu itself is because I cannot possibly fathom how anyone could say something so blissfully handicapped and believe it.

Also stupid: Nids aren't even parasites. Neither are shoggoths or Zerg, as far as I know.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:42:52 PM by Qwepir »

>assimilating extra-dimensional deities
Hahahahaha no.
When they manifest, that is.

dude

do you even know how cthulhu works
Yus

WOW YOU'RE DUMB.
Your mind is as much of an enigma as cthulhu itself is because I cannot possibly fathom how anyone could say something so blissfully handicapped and believe it.

Also stupid: Nids aren't even parasites. Neither are shoggoths or Zerg, as far as I know.

Zergs and Nids have semi-parasitic properties.
Shoggoths are Shoggoths.

WOW YOU'RE DUMB.

You already stated that.

qwep calm down it's fictional entities

They are all parasites.

Parasites imply a host.
Tyranids don't use hosts. They just eat the stuff out of whatever they find and make more Tyranids.
Same for Zerg.

Yeah man just possess an extra-dimensional eldritch abomination. Sure. Why not. At the same time I think I'm gonna go take this Tyranid swarm and have them devour some Necrons, see if I get some loving metal Tyranids.
Why the forget not.

Zergs and Nids have semi-parasitic properties.

Elaborate because you sound like an idiot right now

qwep calm down it's fictional entities

THE CRUSADE IS NOT CALM.