Author Topic: mental handicapation fight  (Read 12243 times)

Then I guess I'm blasting the show? The point is that this act does not demonstrate exceptional talent.

And what's with the categorization of me? Who are you to decide that I'm the elitist? Did I ever say that I could have done better than this? Look at yourself when you cast someone off as an "elitist friend".

Then yes you are blasting the show. You are physically blasting the show while being in a demographic that was not targeted for the show. Good job. You're majestic.

If you give criticism for aspiration and potential then it's a given that you think you are above all, which is fine at least to the point you are just plain out bashing it, which you are doing. If you don't, but you still do this, then you are simply covered in ego. Nonetheless it's still bad for you. Yay.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:04:15 PM by LeetZero »

Congratulations, your opinion doesn't matter. Objectively speaking, I am a talented artist; I am capable of realistic anatomy, shadow work, and perspective. This particular case of "talent" is special because unlike playing the cello, drawing is something that a massive amount of people do (Plausibly the majority of the planet) but that out of that a relative minority are capable of the basics like those particular points.
Objectively speaking all you're capable of drawing is moestuff ("realistic anatomy") because that's all I've ever seen you draw. Relatively speaking, many people who draw as a hobby can do what you do. Hell, I could loving do what you do.

Just because you're considered "average" or even "terrible" by someone who is advanced does not mean you aren't talented because whether a person is talented is determined by the general skill level of your average person.

Starting from the beginning, their grip on the bow is too wide. It is more noticeable on the right, but this habit shows that they are attempting to generate tone in an improper manner. They can move the bow more consistently and create better tone by narrowing their grip. You can't see it in the still image, but the grip is also very rigid. Likely from nervousness, they are holding on very tight when everything should be more relaxed. This holds true even for the intensity they are going for in the style of the song.

The problems with the bow hand I said before are a bit clearer in this shot. You can also see that the hand doing the fingering is flexing inward, which is leading to very sharp and inconsistent vibrato. I tend to have this habit. With the thumb pushing like that, his fingerings are more likely to be less accurate and the vibrato will suffer. Again, his hands and fingers are tense and rigid, which shouldn't happen in any style.

The song isn't technically difficult, so the notes and rhythms line up pretty well, and the remainder is the slides and sul ponticello and whatnot.
Very good! You're actually criticizing them like an instructor would in a private lesson.
The point is that they need to look to other outlets to improve and refine if that's what they want to do. They have to know that a program like this is not the way to expand their potential. Itzhak Perlman didn't get to where he was today by being evaluated from a panel like this, he built himself up to a level of high talent from where he made mainstream appearances. Please stop regurgitating this garbage, this show it about talent and the talent wasn't presented in the act.
The show is called "America's got Talent" but it's not just about showcasing the best of the best, just like how American Idol isn't about showcasing the best singers. If you watch these shows, the judges are lax at first but become more critical as time goes on. In American Idol, for example, the contestants in the final 12 or so are all given private lessons where they are critiqued in the way that you did. Just because they enter this show doesn't mean they think this is how they're going to improve. It's a fun thing for kids to do, just like a school talent show. You're treating it like an actual professional music competition, which it's not.

One of the main points Mr. Perlman was trying to make was that kids shouldn't be treated as musical objects. They shouldn't be grown like plants and bred only as musicians. He is against kids being taught only how to perform in professional concerts, and lectured/criticized to become perfect musicians. They should be allowed to do fun things like talent shows and enjoy being a kid for a bit.
And what's with the categorization of me? Who are you to decide that I'm the elitist? Did I ever say that I could have done better than this? Look at yourself when you cast someone off as an "elitist friend".
A cellist of four to five years could honestly do this. These guys aren't doing anything impressive with their instruments It was simple rhythm and melody in basic positions with some gimmicky screeching mixed in. It's just style with no actual talent or substance behind it.

I've played the cello for 8 years. I got past the 2cellos screeching phase two ago.
You're forgetting what you've wrote. Pathetic...

Did I ever say that I could have done better than this? Look at yourself when you cast someone off as an "elitist friend".
you never directly said it, and you didn't have to. this thread and your posts in it already imply it

you never directly said it, and you didn't have to. this thread and your posts in it already imply it

Reading the quote from heedicalking actually proves that he even did.

Which only makes it more hilarious.

He knows most of you know nothing about playing the cello, so he's stringing together terms that can be associated with instruments. Try harder?

You're forgetting what you've wrote. Pathetic...
The quote says that I have abandoned that performance and stylistic outlet. These boys could have talent outside of this act.

He knows most of you know nothing about playing the cello, so he's stringing together terms that can be associated with instruments. Try harder?
What? Reson wanted specifics so I gave them to him.

I'm really done wasting time with this cycle, so if anyone wants to take this up in PM me and be my guest.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:23:42 PM by Nasoa »