anime question: original language w/subs or wo or english dubs?

Author Topic: anime question: original language w/subs or wo or english dubs?  (Read 1371 times)

/title

I personally prefer the original language with subs. I don't know why, maybe it's just to preserve to the good voice acting I like.

Depends entirely on the show. Some have decent English casts, others do not. I like to avoid subtitles when I can. That goes for anything in a different language, not just anime.

I like the sound of Japanese though - it's pretty. Simple repeating syllables? Mmmm. I've always thought that English's complexity makes it sound gross.

original language with subs

justification: space battleship yamato vs its awful americanized dub known as "star blazers"

As long as it's not written in moonrunes, I prefer subbed

subbed unless it's pokémon

There's a number of good dubs that have been made, but most of the time I go for the sub version. The English voice acting community does what they can, but the field is much larger and more mature in Japan. I think they do a better job of getting the tone of scenes right.

And even when stuff is in English I watch with subtitles anyway :cookieMonster:

I generally watch dubs if available only because I'm usually doing something else when watching anime but it's really up to you

The sub is almost always better than the dub, though in some rare cases the dub is equal to the sub.

/title

I personally prefer the original language with subs. I don't know why, maybe it's just to preserve to the good voice acting I like.
qft

Most times i like to watch the show without having to look down at the subtitles all the time. But if i really want quality i go for the subs.

Subs. Reading subtitles does not bother me at all for really any show. Sometimes I even turn it on for shows in English if people talk fast or have a thick accent, like Doctor Who.

EDIT: Plus dem lovey Japanese voices, even if I can't understand them~
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:42:47 PM by TristanLuigi »

i only watch shows with subtitles, even english shows. surprisingly i still cannot read books very fast

since I don't watch much anime, i'm going to tell my experience with movies
i turn english subs on when watching spanish movies because why not AMIRITE

I watch anime dubbed because I find most of the Japanese voices to be grating.