Author Topic: Souls Thread (Demon; Dark 1, 2)  (Read 58853 times)

I know I'm probably the hugest scrub in the world, but I just lost 11,000 souls to a giant rat.
what level are you?

what level are you?
iirc 16.

I was to close to a ledge and it pushed me off after I lost to the Bell Gargoyles.

Those three rats after the dragon on the bridge get me every single first time I run through there on a new character.

Those three rats after the dragon on the bridge get me every single first time I run through there on a new character.
and they are right there when you come down the ladder

just me venting some frustration

I played Dks1 again and then I played Dks2 again, I realized how much Dks2 is better, just a few more patches and it's perfect.

i explore everything

screw NPCs only good ones are Solaire, Andre, Anastacia, Oswald, and Carim the rest can give me their Fire Keeper souls or w/e and get out

I was level 24 after restarting. I fought O&S at maybe 45 - 50. You dont need to level up much with the Halberd because it doesnt have great scaling. I am focusing on DEX now anyways because Im running around with the Scythe

You forgot Quelana. She is actually my wallpaper.

You forgot Quelana. She is actually my wallpaper.
worthless to me

worthless to me

ur face is worthless

She's actually the only useful pyromancy vendor. And pyromancy is OP.

ur face is worthless

She's actually the only useful pyromancy vendor. And pyromancy is OP.
so i upgraded my attunement so I now have 1 slot but now I need more intelligence(?) to use anything I have

btw Im going with a DEX build right now

so i upgraded my attunement so I now have 1 slot but now I need more intelligence(?) to use anything I have

btw Im going with a DEX build right now

I don't recommend wasting souls on attunement if you're going for a different build, save it for another run of the game.

And you don't need INT for pyromancy, just a Pyromancy Flame (Laurentius gives you one if you save him in the Depths) and a whopping 4 STR. Fun fact: You can have a maxed out Pyromancy Flame (Ascended Flame +5) at SL1 if you don't mind some serious soul farming. The only boss you need to kill is the Capra Demon (which can be done with firebombs), and some shotcuts to access the Lower Undead Burg/Depths to do it before the Taurus Demon.

Miracles and Sorcery require Talisman and Catalysts, respectively. Those have different requirements, usually Faith and INT (again, respectively).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:08:47 PM by dkamm65 »

ok good I have pyromancy already

and the DEX build will help because it increases casting speed

I think after I beat Nito and The Bed of Chaos Im gonna go to all the places and soul farm and collect anything I missed. Then Ill go to the Kiln

I heard NG + is bad but then it progressively gets easier then by NG + 7 it plateaus

If you do plan on using pyromancy, get your Flame to +10 and talk to Quelana before killing Bed of Chaos. She sells some of the best pyromancies, and is the only vendor that can ascend your Flame.

In case you don't know, casting speed caps at 45 DEX.

If you do get some powerful pyromancy, there's an amazing soul farming spot in the Painted World of Ariamis. Roughly 8k souls every 30 seconds.

NG+ is a pretty big spike in difficulty, but it doesn't get easier for NG++ onwards, it's just the difficulty increases are much smaller than the one from NG to NG+.