Desktop Megathread 3

Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Desktop Megathread 3  (Read 270953 times)

Too lazy to connect work monitors or boot other computers, but here's the main machine of the house.

i updated my desktop wallpaper c:
[IM G]http://i.imgur.com/wxqeTvK.png[/img]

You have a horrible wallpaper.

THEY SAID I COULD USE ANYTHING FOR A SERVER
SO I WENT WITH CRUNCHBANG

SH.KXAIT.COM
BECAUSE forget YOU

That's not a server operating system. That is a desktop operating system.

We didn't say you could use anything as a server. We said that everything is capable of ssh.

You're an idiot.

That's not a server operating system. That is a desktop operating system.

We didn't say you could use anything as a server. We said that everything is capable of ssh.

You're an idiot.
pretty much any linux distro is capable of running a webserver. and i didnt say you said i could use anything. nobody cares if the os is designed for desktop use. dont call me an idiot, get your loving facts together first.

pretty much any linux distro is capable of running a webserver. and i didnt say you said i could use anything. nobody cares if the os is designed for desktop use. dont call me an idiot, get your loving facts together first.
I am aware that it is capable of running a webserver.
Lots of things are.
Just not well.

And I thought you were referring to when you asked in the Unix megathread what OS you should use for SSH.

That still doesn't change the fact that you are running a webserver from a laptop with crunchbang on it.

That still doesn't change the fact that you are running a webserver from a laptop with crunchbang on it.
what the forget is wrong with that? i had no spare "proper" computer so i used a laptop that i p much dont use

I am aware that it is capable of running a webserver.
Lots of things are.
Just not well.

And I thought you were referring to when you asked in the Unix megathread what OS you should use for SSH.

It works, there's no need to criticize him further.

He's using what works for him, if he's content and isn't finding serious issue in what he does, then there's no reason to continue this.

what the forget is wrong with that?
Ask anyone else who hosts a webserver manually

i had no spare "proper" computer so i used a laptop that i p much dont use
A webserver at demonvps.com is fifty cents a month.

It works, there's no need to criticize him further.

He's using what works for him, if he's content and isn't finding serious issue in what he does, then there's no reason to continue this.
I don't like your definition of "works." He is currently hosting a webserver with no content. That is why it is displaying that message.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:27:12 PM by blueblur121 »

Ask anyone else who hosts a webserver manually
A webserver at demonvps.com is fifty cents a month.
I don't like your definition of "works." He is currently hosting a webserver with no content. That is why it is displaying that message.
why do you care so much?
you're basically arguing that he can't do something that you dont like

why do you care so much?
you're basically arguing that he can't do something that you dont like
No, I am arguing that he is going to have significant problems later on.

No, I am arguing that he is going to have significant problems later on.
really? you havent mentioned that at all
all you've said is that crunchbag isnt good for hosting webservers
and again, why do you care what he's doing? its not your laptop or anything so you really shouldnt be telling him what to do, he can spend his time/money/diskspace any way he pleases, and should be able to without people like you telling him what he can and cant do

A webserver at demonvps.com is fifty cents a month. forget off. You probably have never hosted a webserver at home and don't know the satisfaction from doing that.]
I don't like your definition of "works." He is currently hosting a webserver with no content. That is why it is displaying that message. I haven't set it up yet because I was happy the webserver itself works.

I actually have. My isp sucks though, so I stopped. I will admit that at that time I made the mistake of hosting a webserver from Arch, but I wouldn't do that twice. Arch is good for desktop use, like crunchbang, but because of it's instability it eventually borked itself. (another reason I don't host from it anymore) Crunchbang isn't good for hosting servers because it's a desktop operating system. It's not made for running servers. While it may work for a time, it will be very slow. (it doesn't help that it's being run from a laptop)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:47:24 PM by blueblur121 »

I actually have. My isp sucks though, so I stopped. I will admit that at that time I made the mistake of hosting a webserver from Arch, but I wouldn't do that twice. Arch is good for desktop use, like crunchbang, but because of it's instability it eventually borked itself. (another reason I don't host from it anymore) Crunchbang isn't good for hosting servers because it's a desktop operating system. It's not made for running servers. While it may work for a time, it will be very slow. (it doesn't help that it's being run from a laptop)
well maybe he wants to host it from home???