Poll

favorite meme ULTIMATE FINAL ROUND

SAD FROG/PEPE
62 (49.6%)
FEELS GUY
63 (50.4%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Author Topic: T̶u̶m̶b̶l̶r̶ wofl Megathread  (Read 436979 times)

I'm curious: how did Tumblr become known as the crazy social justice teenage wannabe collection that it is commonly labeled as? I mean, I have a tumblr and I just use it for art. I'm sure many people use it that way. But is it really that way? Is it deserving of that image?

Long story short, because a bunch of social zealots took to Tumblr as their safe haven to cultivate their worldly views without any sort of criticism or opposition, poe's law took effect.

Poe's law dictates in this context that because there's been so many cases of extremism in the social justice crowd:

And so much satire of said extremism, it blurs the line of what is and isn't satire, essentially destroying any sort of credence anyone had in that side of Tumblr.

The unfortunate side effect is that you have people who are just too bothered to read between the lines that end up deciding "Since this sjw crap comes from tumblr, that means tumblr in entirety must be stuffty and cringy!"

Cue the people that provoke these social justice warriors into saying crazy things, you got yourself an internet stufffest stew, with tumblr being the main ingredient

tl;dr version: sjws cried wolf one too many times, people cried wolf to mock them, and now people frame pictures of people crying wolf to mock them

cough kimon cough

plus it's rife with flagrant misinformation ("put your PIN backwards on an ATM to call the police!"), "beautiful cinnamon rolls" that make their followers rip any naysayer apart, a strict black-and-white mentality, and richards who want to sabotage various famous people for literally no reason. (no joke - the XKit guy had wrote a long ass post saying that no, i'm not trying to offend people, sorry, just trying to help everyone etc. the next post was verbatim "lol the xkit guy is trying to backpeddle so hard wowowoowowo")

it also straight up got someone's pet fox killed.
i don't see how kimon really fits that archetype
he can be a fuccboi but he seems pretty moderate to me

I LIVE
I DIE

I LIVE AGAIN!

sonic for real justice now has a know your meme page

I watched this meme unfold from the beginning that's so loving COOL

also 'grats facepalm O:

I LIVE
I DIE

I LIVE AGAIN!

lil face is moving up in the world :')

sonic for real justice now has a know your meme page

I watched this meme unfold from the beginning that's so loving COOL

also 'grats facepalm O:

Apparently that's a meme, yet for the longest time ever, Milhouse still isn't one.

Apparently that's a meme, yet for the longest time ever, Milhouse still isn't one.

Milhouse will never be a loving meme because Milhouse not being a meme is a meme.

and also sonic for real justice is a great loving meme

Milhouse will never be a loving meme because Milhouse not being a meme is a meme.

If millhouse not being a meme is a meme, that kind of means that millhouse is a meme.

millhouse is a meme.
no, laws state that this just isn't possible

no, laws state that this just isn't possible

Millhouse is not a meme
Him not being a meme is a meme
By virtue, Millhouse is a meme because he isn't a meme. Make sense?

Millhouse is not a meme
Him not being a meme is a meme
By virtue, Millhouse is a meme because he isn't a meme. Make sense?
it would, but it turns out if millhouse or any millhouse merchandise, even millhouses house, gets close to that then a force kicks in and knocks him away from that status
it just simply cannot be

also 'grats facepalm O:
lil face is moving up in the world :')
no i dont think u guys understand
that post already had 22k notes this morning
i mentioned 'if i ever feel sad i look through the tags in my history homework post'
people asked me about it because its months old
i reblogged it
it's not rapidly approaching 24k notes and its been like 3 hours