Author Topic: DayZ: Blockland - Being revised  (Read 37256 times)

What type of features would the community like to see?

What type of features would the community like to see?
  • accessibility of zombies to most areas, so it's a little tougher to find a safe place
  • skill levels
  • don't use a player type that forces your 3rd person view to be something weird. I'd prefer normal 3rd person view
  • don't use guns with ironsights - they always mess up FOV
  • don't make the terrain all monotonous with only 1-2 types of trees and hills - have some steeper and rockier areas

Wow! This looks great! I can't wait to play it <3

More details please?
I'm not really sure exactly how the game works - I've never played DayZ - , but it would be cool if you could kill animals, gather their meat, and cook it for food. You could also have people chop wood for fires to cook on, like Elm's Rpg. You would need higher cooking levels to cook meats that heal more.

You could also have a killing/combat/survival skill that can be leveled up by killing zombies - I'm still trying to think of the perks you could earn from a higher level

I'm not really sure exactly how the game works - I've never played DayZ - , but it would be cool if you could kill animals, gather their meat, and cook it for food. You could also have people chop wood for fires to cook on, like Elm's Rpg. You would need higher cooking levels to cook meats that heal more.

You could also have a killing/combat/survival skill that can be leveled up by killing zombies - I'm still trying to think of the perks you could earn from a higher level
Pretty sure this isnt going to be done, perks doesnt sound too great. But there will be chopping down trees for wood and killing animals for meat. Food will be used to raise blood up some and also bring your hunger back to normal.

Pretty sure this isnt going to be done, perks doesnt sound too great. But there will be chopping down trees for wood and killing animals for meat. Food will be used to raise blood up some and also bring your hunger back to normal.
ok that's fine. it might be better without skills actually. my only worry is that the main goal of the game, surviving, won't be entertaining enough to keep players interested for very long. maybe it will, idk

how would you describe the main goal of the game? what will keep players interested?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:02:46 AM by Farad »

What about adding trees that you can be able to cut and get wood and construct a shelter.

What about adding trees that you can be able to cut and get wood and construct a shelter.
that sounds cool, but the shelters would need to be like a pre-set configuration of bricks that you can place all at once. people would make really ugly shelters if they were to build it themselves. idk if this is possible though

how would you describe the main goal of the game? what will keep players interested?
Hunting, Surviving, Interactions with other players.

that sounds cool, but the shelters would need to be like a pre-set configuration of bricks that you can place all at once. people would make really ugly shelters if they were to build it themselves. idk if this is possible though
I may do something like DayZ epoch, crafting lumber into planks and making bases out of it.. Chances of cinder blocks spawning at factories and making bases out of those.

There will also be storage devices such as vehicles with storage systems, Safes, crates, etc. all used with Ghost's Item Storage mod.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:57:43 PM by Navaro »

yo navaro i know it's part of the game but I think you should get rid of hunger.

i mean food for health is already p neat

hunger will be a nuisance to most ppl i think

yo navaro i know it's part of the game but I think you should get rid of hunger.

i mean food for health is already p neat

hunger will be a nuisance to most ppl i think

I have to disagree with this, the point of hunger is to add to the "survival" aspect of the game.

Vehicle Ideas?

If anything, the regular jeep is just fine, but here are some other possible suggestions:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=263733.0
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=262363.0
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=261267.0

Honestly, I don't like the idea of vehicles because the vehicle ram instakill is kinda really cheap.
If you continue to add vehicles, atleast have some sort of gas system where you need to find gas to continue to drive.
(BONUS): especially if cars start out with no gas/damaged and need gas/repairs.
EDIT: Please dont add any "super luxurious" vehicles, to keep with the realism.

Good luck on this man.