Author Topic: Your Zombie Apoc Team - Let keep this thread ;)  (Read 11438 times)

Looks like somebody doesn't want to die first.
lol owned

itt: furdle hate megathread

cmon don't let this die so soon :C

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:46:43 PM by Trogtor »

itt: furdle hate megathread

cmon don't let this die so soon :C
please make this

Let's be honest, how many of us would actually survive in an apocalypse? Assuming they're fast Dawn of the Dead zombies (a shot to the head means they're dead, nothing more, nothing less.) then most of us would be dead. Only a few of the people on the forums are actually intelligent and/or know how to survive without clean water, plentiful food, and electricity, fewer own guns and know how to use them effectively, even fewer are actually physically robust, as in, run a marathon physically robust. So accurately only around 90% of us would survive the first month.

FURDLE'S EGO DISAPPEARING VERSION:

REGULAR VERSION:

Siggable image courtesy of Bill Nye

edit: removed quote button and logged
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:16:25 PM by Swat 3 »

why is furd's avatar half transparent

Let's be honest, how many of us would actually survive in an apocalypse? Assuming they're fast Dawn of the Dead zombies (a shot to the head means they're dead, nothing more, nothing less.) then most of us would be dead. Only a few of the people on the forums are actually intelligent and/or know how to survive without clean water, plentiful food, and electricity, fewer own guns and know how to use them effectively, even fewer are actually physically robust, as in, run a marathon physically robust. So accurately only around 90% of us would survive the first month.
I'm holding out that we're talking Romero/Max Brooks zombies and that they have a slow shambling movement, no faster than walking speed.

I know that there would still be a massive rate of infection in densely populated areas, but I think more urban environments would fare better.
Ultimately I think humans would easily come to understand how to combat these sorts of zombies, and that provided you're with a large enough group, or not up against hordes, you don't have to be anymore than at average fitness to survive.

People's ability to gather food might be their weakness. Water isn't too difficult, provided it still rains (which it should do, given we're not in some even more bizarre hollywood world), and there'd actually be less reason to filter rainwater with the lack of human industrial pollution.
Electricity isn't a requirement, but is very useful. That said though, generators really aren't that difficult to create. Meagre wind turbines can be created pretty easily, and solar panels scavenged would be very very useful.
Even fuel for vehicles wouldn't be too difficult, provided you stuck to diesel and were able to secure areas to farm (vegetable oils can be used in diesel engines).

And actually, overall, I don't think the militaries of the western world would fall. It would not take long for them to change their tactics to accurately and effectively kill zombies.
And it's not like we keep all of our military in the middle of our cities, so we're not going to lose them all the moment the infection begins.

why is furd's avatar half transparent
its his ego dissappearing

its his ego dissappearing
I thought the day would never come

And actually, overall, I don't think the militaries of the western world would fall. It would not take long for them to change their tactics to accurately and effectively kill zombies.
And it's not like we keep all of our military in the middle of our cities, so we're not going to lose them all the moment the infection begins.
zombie media usually underestimates military a whole loving lot to make the plot actually be an apocalypse

This is a great day to be alive.