Author Topic: Your Zombie Apoc Team - Let keep this thread ;)  (Read 11529 times)

I'm holding out that we're talking Romero/Max Brooks zombies and that they have a slow shambling movement, no faster than walking speed.

I know that there would still be a massive rate of infection in densely populated areas, but I think more urban environments would fare better.
Ultimately I think humans would easily come to understand how to combat these sorts of zombies, and that provided you're with a large enough group, or not up against hordes, you don't have to be anymore than at average fitness to survive.

People's ability to gather food might be their weakness. Water isn't too difficult, provided it still rains (which it should do, given we're not in some even more bizarre hollywood world), and there'd actually be less reason to filter rainwater with the lack of human industrial pollution.
Electricity isn't a requirement, but is very useful. That said though, generators really aren't that difficult to create. Meagre wind turbines can be created pretty easily, and solar panels scavenged would be very very useful.
Even fuel for vehicles wouldn't be too difficult, provided you stuck to diesel and were able to secure areas to farm (vegetable oils can be used in diesel engines).

And actually, overall, I don't think the militaries of the western world would fall. It would not take long for them to change their tactics to accurately and effectively kill zombies.
And it's not like we keep all of our military in the middle of our cities, so we're not going to lose them all the moment the infection begins.
I always thought in a scenario like this the military could just keep safe zones until all of the zombies rotted away/starved to death. There are actually a ton of areas in America that would be easy to defend from hordes of slow, clumsy, ill-suited predators that will just rot away in 5-10 years. Though that brings up the question of how it's even possible in the first place.

IMO the only three types of zombies that make sense are Dawn of the Dead zombies (they're actually very quick and agile, and the only way to kill them is a shot to the head), L4D zombies (don't need to be shot in the head but the virus may/may not be airborne, mutant zombies wreck your stuff), and TLOU zombies (clickers require 1-2 shots to the head and much more to the body and the virus is definitely airborne.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:22:40 PM by ZombiLoin »

I always thought in a scenario like this the military could just keep safe zones until all of the zombies rotted away/starved to death. There are actually a ton of areas in America that would be easy to defend from hordes of slow, clumsy, ill-suited predators that will just rot away in 5-10 years. Though that brings up the question of how it's even possible in the first place.

IMO the only two types of zombies that make sense are Dawn of the Dead zombies (they're actually very quick and agile, and the only way to kill them is a shot to the head), L4D zombies (don't need to be shot in the head but the virus may/may not be airborne, mutant zombies wreck your stuff), and TLOU zombies (clickers require 1-2 shots to the head and much more to the body and the virus is definitely airborne.)

You 2 are still trying to keep the main concept of this thread alive

IMO the only two types of zombies that make sense are Dawn of the Dead zombies (they're actually very quick and agile, and the only way to kill them is a shot to the head), L4D zombies (don't need to be shot in the head but the virus may/may not be airborne, mutant zombies wreck your stuff), and TLOU zombies (clickers require 1-2 shots to the head and much more to the body and the virus is definitely airborne.)
on the subject of tlou zombies, i realised that 20 years after the infection the most dangerous living things in the planet arent the zombies but the humans
i mean there is way more human combat and encounters than their zombie counterparts

ANYWAYS BACK ON TOPIC
i'd go with everyone on the forums to the zombie apocalypse :))

That's three, not two.

Also, if you would stick to the suggested "deteriorated, mindless zombies", the zombies wouldn't nearly have as much energy or muscle to run.

"The Blockland Forum Team"

Does this bozo think he's in some sort of little group that runs something? Pathetic.

Does this bozo think he's in some sort of little group that runs something? Pathetic.
*furdles ego expands in the background*

i need more people in my exclusive super mega zombie kill survive squad

i'll lower the price to zero dollars i need anything i can get

im pretty sure that part's automated...

I can be Bill Nye.

*shades*

The Science Guy.

zombie media usually underestimates military a whole loving lot to make the plot actually be an apocalypse
I always thought in a scenario like this the military could just keep safe zones until all of the zombies rotted away/starved to death. There are actually a ton of areas in America that would be easy to defend from hordes of slow, clumsy, ill-suited predators that will just rot away in 5-10 years.
Well, going off of Max Brooks' World War Z (which is an excellent book and well worth a read, and is also entirely unlike the film, which really does a dishonesty by sharing the same name), the only way an apocalypse would begin is if it spread slowly at first, particularly in the less developed world, and wasn't noticed.

The military failings of the western world only came about due to the confusion of what was going on, and the fact that the disease picked up in the west in the dense population centres, namely cities (which it would have to if it were coming from abroad, as international flights don't go to Alamosa, Colorado), meant that there were suddenly millions upon millions of zombies.

Then modern military tactics (or even general military tactics) didn't work, since they comprise of aiming for the torso/limbs, or using explosives, which doesn't necessarily destroy the brain, and the zombies just carried on carrying on.

But then he writes himself that the military, once it got a grip of itself, just sat themselves in defendable positions and held the zombies at bay, such as hiding behind the Rockies. Then come winter, when zombies had frozen down, they smashed them to pieces and worked to take the land back piece by piece.
He writes that the British (and western Europe) had slightly better luck finding places to hide out than the Americans though, since we had a lot of standing castles and forts, which America lacks (since it was born in an age where castles weren't useful), and we were able to sit them out.

I think that footer is added to all the automated messages that the forums send to Badspot/moderators when anyone files a report.

I just hope we don't get zombies that are created from an experiment gone wrong (see: Resident Evil and Killing Floor).

I mean who would want to go up against something like this:

Or this:

I think that footer is added to all the automated messages that the forums send to Badspot/moderators when anyone files a report.
what a shame

totally thought i was onto something :((((

Im here 4 u bb