Poll

Do you support the death penalty?

Yes.
Only if the person is an ongoing danger to society.
No.

Author Topic: Death Penalty - Ye or Ne? - also why terrorists are better than murderers  (Read 9542 times)

It's not the same thing, because it's a proven fact that you need water to survive. opinion =/= fact
It's his opinion that they need capital punishment, you're opinion is that they don't need it. That is all.
still no. if he can show me proof that they need it then alright, but the thing is he can't. if he wants it, that's his opinion, but his country doesn't need it

Terrorists honestly believe what they are doing is right. They have a religious conviction to do what they do, and they have often been raised by their society to do such things. They think they are doing what their god wants. Obviously not very many people agree with them.

Serial killers and murders know what they are doing is wrong. They know they are evil. They are killing for personal gain or out of anger. They have no excuse.

Wow now I know why you call yourself Zealot. Terrorists aren't better than murderers because they may have religious intent for their crimes. They are still vile human beings.

Wow now I know why you call yourself Zealot. Terrorists aren't better than murderers because they may have religious intent for their crimes. They are still vile human beings.
I disagree. I think they are raised by their society and religon in order to do something, and they believe what they are doing is right. Serial killers are not raised to kill.

I don't pay attention to victims, I pay attention to what the persons reasons for the crime are. I think most terrorists are victims of their society, this never justifies murder but they usually cannot be completely blamed for their actions.

The death penalty costs more then keeping someone in prison their whole life, which should be a clear indicator to scrap it. 
I also feel like it would be 1000x stufftier to rot in prison your whole life than to simply die and get it over with.

I have no religious or moral ties to ending the death penalty, it is just a more cost-effective route.  Not to mention the fact that the death penalty seems like too much of an easy way to go in my opinion.  Mass-murder tons of people?  You could either stay in prison until you die, or just die right now...

I disagree. I think they are raised by their society and religon in order to do something, and they believe what they are doing is right. Serial killers are not raised to kill.

I don't pay attention to victims, I pay attention to what the persons reasons for the crime are. I think most terrorists are victims of their society, this never justifies murder but they usually cannot be completely blamed for their actions.

Anyone who thinks killing another person is an okay to do because an invisible man told you so is not good in any light no matter how you justify it.

Serial Killers, on the other hand, are most common in the US, and they cannot be fixed. No matter what you do you cannot reform a serial killer and are a danger to society that need the needle in their arm as fast as possible

I think it's disgusting for the government to kill anyone.

government dont kill people

thats the military's job

government dont kill people

thats the military's job
stocking confirmed for serial killer who uses the military as an excuse to kill

The death penalty costs more then keeping someone in prison their whole life, which should be a clear indicator to scrap it. 
I also feel like it would be 1000x stufftier to rot in prison your whole life than to simply die and get it over with.

I have no religious or moral ties to ending the death penalty, it is just a more cost-effective route.  Not to mention the fact that the death penalty seems like too much of an easy way to go in my opinion.  Mass-murder tons of people?  You could either stay in prison until you die, or just die right now...
I agree with this so much.

You don't pay attention to the victims? I'm glad you aren't a defense attorney!

well you're wrong

Dude...chill. I really don't think your opinion is more right than anyone else's in this thread.

the jury doesn't work for the governmentwell you're wrong

I think you are wrong, people who put others in danger to the largest extent should be put down.

if a guy knows he's going to die instead of going to prison he's a lot more likely to go out twitter a bang and kill some law enforcers rather than surrendering

if a guy knows he's going to die instead of going to prison he's a lot more likely to go out twitter a bang and kill some law enforcers rather than surrendering
im no killer but I don't know how many are thinking about that when they're killing people

the perpetrator is the real victim

uh why would a defense attorney need to pay attention to victims
they are dead. there's no point crying about it. the point of the legal system is to make sure it doesn't happen against and provide a deterrent to future criminals

seriously half the time my mom makes the court argument "yeah they needed to be killed who cares" and it works
the prosecuters pay attention to the victims. they use them as an emotional tool to turn the jury and judge against the suspect. defense attorneys do the opposite.