Topic is being moved. Opinions?

Make new BL topic
2 (25%)
Move to CivRP
2 (25%)
Neutral
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Anagaea: A New Era of Empires - 160BC  (Read 85569 times)

A spokesman for The Order states that failure to bathe is like wading in feces, and that consumption of rotting flesh or human flesh is like consuming feces.  Bathing increases in Avalonia (& where The Order is present) and consumption of rotting flesh drops (People around here aren't cannibals, was thrown in to show how bad eating rotting flesh is).  General Avalonian (& local) health increases as a result of all of this, and as rotting meat becomes taboo, the industries of fishing, hunting, and livestock raising takes on a faster pace to provide fresh meat, and daily production stays steady as the salting and smoking of meat handles most of the excess.  All changes gradual and more concentrated + faster in Avalonia.

freedom of speech
Okay.

Atenisia calls for a ceasefire so representatives from both sides may discuss about the Albiton offer and its terms.

still waiting for my other questions to be answered.

Bro,
Okay.  If you could please continue in PMs, that'd be great.

Also the ceasefire is granted.

1. How bad are we losing.
2. Will we ever make a comback in realistic terms.
3. Terms of puppet status.
4. Long term effects of puppet status.

-snip-

Sorry.  That was rude of me.  I will answer it here.

1. How bad are we losing.
Pretty bad.  I'd estimate that your army can do very little to halt the advance.  That, however is halted by the ceasefire agreement.

2. Will we ever make a comback in realistic terms.
I believe it's possible.  No empire lasts forever.  Albiton included.

3. Terms of puppet status.
1. All primary authorities must be executed or exiled.  Your people's customs of honor allows the choice of either.
2. A governor and other high officials from Albiton must be appointed in their place.
3. Taxes must be collected and paid to the Albitonic Empire.
4. Your active military must be disbanded or be sworn to Albiton.
5. Albitonic law becomes the ultimate law of the land for maintaining order.
6. All currency is to be of Albitonic coinage.

4. Long term effects of puppet status.
If the region of Atenisia agrees to become a puppet state, the nation will be defended by the Albitonic Empire, and receive benefits such as roads, trade and other infrastructure.  However, Atenisia must follow the listed terms– they are not negotiable.

If you have any out-of-rp questions, PM a moderator.

Now on to Erinaum,

An Erinamese tax collection depot in Bētanca is attacked, overrun and cleaned out by angry Bēlänese raiders.  The raiders were able to scatter before a detachment of the Erinamese military could get there.  Some of the Tsekēnese border lines are brought back to tighten grasp on Bētanca.

The old Erinamese stone tablet currency is becoming problematic as its weight and volume becomes annoying.  Erinaum will be creating a series of copper or iron coins with a hole in the center so that the coins can fit on a string.  Gold and silver coins will also take the same shape.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:16:09 PM by SWAT One »

Culture items and other Atenisian artifacts and government instructions, including The Atenisian Constution, are sent to Avalonia. The King and most of his family are exiled by the Council and The Assembly before dissolving themselves. The Praetor, the King+family, and consuls go to Avalonia. Promiment military leaders and their families flee to Avalonia. Those who fear Albiton flee to Varansk, Aspidis, or (majority) Avalonia.

Most of the military is disbanded. Those who are left are convrted into town and city guards.

Atenisia, to ensure the future and lives of its soldiers and peoples, signs the treaty TO THOSE TERMS ONLY AND HOPES THE EMPIRE DOES NOT CHANGE THEM ON THE ACT OF HONOR.

Plexia

Government:
Plutocracy
The richest men in the country rule
Head(s) of state: Geir VI | Harlonny II
Prominent government members: Above
Capitol city: Ingolfshofoahverfi
Intentions of your government: Explore the region thoroughly for expansion
Wants allies

Foreign relations:
Military Alliances: N/A
Trade partners: N/A
Organizations: [NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR USE]
Collaborating with: N/A

Demographics:
Model culture: Norse | Germanic
Population: 62,165
Official language: Gaelic
Other languages: Deutch | Norrœnt Mál
Demonym: Plexian
Currency: Gold coins (gullmynter)

Military:

12,654 able-bodied men

Warriors will use any weapon they can get their hands on.  Mostly this includes axes, bludgeons, and some spears.  Swords are rare since metal is rare.  
Most men are fairly versatile; they can fight on land or on ships.  Seafaring is popular with the people of Plexia.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:35:36 PM by Taciturn »

Oh and I'm only here because of SWAT One's groveling. 

Plethora knows where I want to be on the map so it's up to him to edit it.  Sorry Swat. 

Nah, you're good.  Cutting out the middleman is not a burden to me.  :)

The Avalonian merchants sell their resistance gear and get the heck out of there with their profits.  Albiton never really did much trade with Avalonia, so future interaction in the area is likely to be limited to contact with Aspidis (which historically hasn't been prolific).

The Avalonians do their best to make the Ateni comfortable in the lower latitudes, giving them heavier clothes and blankets.  Quarters are constructed for them in one of Nazgar's newer neighborhoods, and they are even allowed to retain their original bodyguard and remilitarize a small number of exiled/refugee Ateni soldiers (we're talking no more than 100) for their own defense when traveling abroad so long as the soldiers pledge never to harm Avalonia, its people, its leadership, or its honor; the pledge must be taken individually and as a group.

I'm not sure if you intend to do a government in exile thing or lead resistance in Atensia or what.  Just don't disrupt things too much in Avalonia.

Technically the King brought Atenisia into Avalonia, super secret of course. He will guide a few resistance movements but he'll just be an icon.

Also store the super old constitution safely.

kinda the earliest written form of the atenisian government

Avalonia is pleased with the honorable resolution to this and does the honorable thing in turn, showing the cartographers of Varansk Avalonia's maps (I believe they lack the coastline East of Espul).

Avalonia begins to export jewelry of precious metals, gemstones, pearls, and glass beads on top of its usual exports.

Avalonia looks like Nicaragua with all the water in it  :|

Varansk is pleased - its great cartographers begin working on a combined map, which we can share.

The map is complete - updated to reflect the latest changes in Atenisia, as well as upgraded using Avalonian observations.

Varansk starts using the eastern coast, a shorter trade route to Avalonia, which will lead to fewer incidents and lesser costs. It also expresses concern at the situation of their other trade partner, Atenisia.

[will I be able to continue trading with Atenisia now? Albiton has denied trade with me once, and if they decide trade with Atenisia, will probably deny it again]

Also, a map of the naval trade routes:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:01:01 AM by Tudoreleu »

Also Erste doesn't exist.

Also, Calzone exists.  Neat map.

Avalonians at the Pachtland (leased land) begin to complete the fortifications they were allowed to build, not in time for the war, but whatever.  Local landlords are wary and suspicious now that the Avalonians are armed and entrenched.  Avalonia communicates that there are no plans to take the land (too far away) and that it would be mutually beneficial to continue as things have been.

Ateni citizens whom flee to Aspidis are rounded up as best they can and are marched off to Albiton, to return them to their 'rightful owner'.
What Albiton didn't know is that Aspidis actually rallied those they could and gave them a super secret mission to make sure that those who could would find themselves jobs within the high noble houses as assistants of sorts, and to gradually work their way up to possibly retainers before they are then hinted to rise up in rebellion for the glory of their former empires, that of which Atenisia and Aspidis both respect. But mostly Aspidis, as they are nice as forget. And those that they can mind-forget are also given even more special tasks and are given proper assistance via spies that will be smuggled in with them that will assist them in bolstering the ranks in the noble household as servants before they are issued to render themselves under Aspidis, who are to be regarded as much more benevolent leaders whom are more fit to rule the known world that the silly Albitons. Don't mind all that blank that totally isn't text