Author Topic: So, what've I missed?  (Read 122077 times)

Noedit, it would be nice if clicking links in-game would open up a steam overlay browser, though. Maybe make it an option in the options-> networking menu?

Yeah, if it takes a stuffton of money to buy a license for Awesomium I guess just let it go.
it's free, I think? maybe??
http://www.awesomium.com/buy/
it says it's free "For Teams With < $100K Revenue"
but yet, on the right, it says "a license must be obtained to use our SDK for commercial purposes"
so either I don't know what commercial means, or there's some kind of inconsistency there

either I don't know what commercial means, or there's some kind of inconsistency there
Commercial use: selling stuff made using the product.

Commercial use: selling stuff made using the product.
well yeah
but
"For Teams With < $100K Revenue"
so unless they're not selling the game but somehow still magically making up to $100k a year off of it, I'm not sure I understand

There are better ways than awesomium, coherent ui for example. That would also be absolutely amazing for anyone working on guis.

a topic like this needs to happen

just good luck keeping out cunts whos only contribution will be 'upvgradz dat dun sukk!!'

Badspot, what do you say if I make a megatopic with a compilation of ideas, suggestions and bug reports in the General Discussion forum?
I've found tons of things that are either hidden features/things that can be expanded on (SplashData into full-fledged ParticleData pls, .ifl textures not being cache'd, etc.) and some bugs related to server hosting (Failed to auth with the server = instant server shutdown. Can you just make it so a messageBoxOK is shown that your server has gone offline so you don't lose any progress?)

Also, I've been meaning to ask, how hard would it be to implement Awesomium system into Blockland? From what I heard, Awesomium is something that allows users to have an in-game browser, much like Gmod allows you to watch youtube videos and browse websites. I'm not an expert in this, so I wouldn't even know how much work it would take, so can you give us some input on that?

From what I've seen going on around the community it seems like there are lots of people who complain about no updates happening yet they don't even say what exactly do they want to be done most of the time, just "make a magical big ass update with things in it".
It'll be ignored like every other suggestion. People like me, Heed, and a few others have quietly and calmly suggested things many times in the past, either to be answered by "no", or just not answered.

And for the record, I've played plenty of games without a forum drama section. Actually, this is the only game I've played one that has one. The one and only other game with a more hostile community than this one was League of Legends. This is a lego building game.

And for the record, I've played plenty of games without a forum drama section. Actually, this is the only game I've played one that has one. The one and only other game with a more hostile community than this one was League of Legends. This is a lego building game.
Lego is serious business dude.

lol, this.

heedicalking always attacks badspot whenever development is brought up in any thread. it's like he just searches for the term so he can start stuff.

wasn't this board created so people would argue here instead of stuffting up other boards?

well yeah
butso unless they're not selling the game but somehow still magically making up to $100k a year off of it, I'm not sure I understand

It seems pretty clear for me. It's not free for commercial use unless your team makes less than $100k a year off of it.

lol, this.

heedicalking always attacks badspot whenever development is brought up in any thread. it's like he just searches for the term so he can start stuff.
Implying he was always like this. Feel free to check his post history though.

wasn't this board created so people would argue here instead of stuffting up other boards?
It clearly hasn't helped. People still stuff up other boards.

Implying he was always like this. Feel free to check his post history though.
It doesn't matter what he "was" like.