Author Topic: Feminism Is Stoopid (Closed for obvious reasons)  (Read 4404 times)

whered you come from
A+ comeback

but literally all you do is stuffpost and you're not funny at all

whered you come from
I was watching you post stuff for a while now and I finally spoke up.

A+ comeback

but literally all you do is stuffpost and you're not funny at all
i do not try to stuffpost
i genuinely am not trying to be funny
i am whatever i wish to be
i do not wish to be a friend
i am not a friend

i do not try to stuffpost  well you do
i genuinely am not trying to be funny lol okay
i am whatever i wish to be nope
i do not wish to be a friend too bad
i am not a friend yes you are

i wish to be me
you may disagree
but maybe someday you'll see
that you're just an starfish

yeah you guys aaarrreee starfishs

i wish to be me
you may disagree
but maybe someday you'll see
that you're just an starfish
poetically stuffposting

Fair enough. Here is a better graphic from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cfch0011.pdf
oh neat, that's much better

condoms and birth control and if you really messed everything up you can get an abortion
Yeah okay, I hope you can understand how stupid this was to say.

Condoms break, birth control fails (not only this but some people can't take birth-control pills or other contraceptives as they make them sick).
People are humans and they forget things too. Accidents and mistakes happen. Condoms can be forgotten in passion or when intoxicated, or incorrect care can be taken when using them (they can break in intercourse if put on incorrectly, and if they are too old or kept in poor conditions the latex gives out).

Furthermore people can have personal beliefs (both religious and non-religious) about birth control and so don't use them, or use alternate methods (e.g rhythm).
Not only that but the education might not be there for people to even consider using contraceptives.

Your suggestion that the would-be parents of unplanned pregnancies should just get an abortion is a very harsh thing to suggest.
An abortion is not an easy option.
For starters it can be a highly invasive procedure.
Women can be torn in to two minds about whether they want one or not.
People can find out that they are pregnant much too late to have an abortion, or take too long to come to the decision.
Abortions can cause lasting damage to women. It can cause bleeding in the womb and cause damage to the cervix or womb (although rare it can leave women infertile or cause chronic pains). It's possible to have infections which can cause infertility (just because someone has an abortion it doesn't mean they don't want children eventually), it can even cause Ectopic pregnancy which if undetected can kill.
Also consider the psychological stress that an abortion can have on both mother and father. It might be a terrible thing to accidentally get pregnant, but it can be even worse to have to come to terms with the fact that you can't sustain your would-be child.

Then there are the relevant social and moral beliefs, religious beliefs chief among them. Abortion is not an option for a lot of people of faith (particularly in the US).

Now add in the fact that a man cannot force a woman to have an abortion. Getting back on topic this means that a man who finds himself having accidentally impregnated a girl has no choice over whether or not hes a child and therefore whether or not he will be starting a family (or supporting a child) and requires a job capable of paying for one. Which again means that should they be stuck in a position for money they'd have to take any work they can get their hands on, and oft-times manual labour is much more available.

I know this through my own anecdote, in that my Father was fast having to look for new jobs in order to earn for my family when each of my brothers and I have been on our way.
And to pick up on the earlier note you made, about people losing their job hence looking for work, that's not the only case where people suddenly need a new job.
People can have multiple jobs, especially if they need more money and the jobs they have been in and have paid little or had few hours available. Both my parents, and I know many others, have at multiple times in their lives held down 2-3 or even more jobs at once.

You're normally much more sensitive and empathetic in your arguments Night Fox. Your arguments are kind of surprising here given your normal attitude.