Poll

Title

Yes
22 (59.5%)
No
15 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Do you hate it when you're driving  (Read 10243 times)

You told me to do you a favor and never get my license that doesn't make any sense if I obviously already have one lol.

Filtering =/= cutting people off
Faster than the speed limit = more cars behind me = less chance of being hitAnd again. Explain to me how I'm endangering other people by going 15-20mph over the speed limit. You make it seem like that's light speed, when in reality it's not much faster than what other people are doing
Please elaborate on how I'm endangering others purely by going faster than the speed limit lol

Speed Limits aren't a suggestion. They are in place so you are safe. You going twice the speed limit makes you a danger to yourself and others. If the car in front of you needs to slam on the brakes and you are going twice the speed limit you wont be able to stop in time

Also tickets. Cops love motorcyclists and love giving them big fat tickets.

Speed Limits aren't a suggestion. They are in place so you are safe. You going twice the speed limit makes you a danger to yourself and others. If the car in front of you needs to slam on the brakes and you are going twice the speed limit you wont be able to stop in time
this

Also tickets. Cops love motorcyclists and love giving them big fat tickets.

But that's just assumptions based on imaginary scenarios

Why would I be going twice the speed limit if there's a car in front of me? Or better yet, why would I be going twice the speed limit if I can see that there's traffic or something that may cause the car in front of me to slam on their breaks? That would be stupidity

i hate bicycles on the road.

forget em.

they can die.

i hate bicycles on the road.

forget em.

they can die.

Nobody is talking about bicycles lol

Different states have different ways.

Everybody under the age of 65 speeds.  5 to 10 is fairly normal.  15 to 20 is excessive (unless you're on the freeway or somewhere the limit is like 25 when there is absolutely no reason for it to be and 15 to 20 is still safe and reasonable).  If you get into an accident or whatever and your excuse for going 75 in a 55 is that everyone else is the cop is going to laugh at you and slap you with a ticket.

Like in skiing, you're responsible for what's ahead of you; if some dumbwad behind you rear-ends someone it's not your fault.

Ultimately it's endangering others because your reaction time can only be so good and if someone is a moron and jumps out in front of you, or you have to swerve out of the way of some unexpected hazard it's far less likely you'll react in time.

I'm just glad that where you are, I'm not.  Rare day I see someone going 20 over.

hit bikers for 10 points

Different states have different ways.

Everybody under the age of 65 speeds.  5 to 10 is fairly normal.  15 to 20 is excessive (unless you're on the freeway or somewhere the limit is like 25 when there is absolutely no reason for it to be and 15 to 20 is still safe and reasonable).  If you get into an accident or whatever and your excuse for going 75 in a 55 is that everyone else is the cop is going to laugh at you and slap you with a ticket.

Like in skiing, you're responsible for what's ahead of you; if some dumbwad behind you rear-ends someone it's not your fault.

Ultimately it's endangering others because your reaction time can only be so good and if someone is a moron and jumps out in front of you, or you have to swerve out of the way of some unexpected hazard it's far less likely you'll react in time.

I'm just glad that where you are, I'm not.  Rare day I see someone going 20 over.

In California speeding is pretty common, which is where I'm from.

You seem to be the only one that somewhat gets it though. If I'm on a public road with a lot of pedestrians I'm obviously not flying down the road. But today for example, I was going 90-100mph on a backroad where there was literally no other cars. There was the occasional bicyclist but I always slowed down to ~40mph while I was passing them.

Filtering =/= cutting people off
Faster than the speed limit = more cars behind me = less chance of being hit
Please elaborate on how I'm endangering others purely by going faster than the speed limit lolAnd again. Explain to me how I'm endangering other people by going 15-20mph over the speed limit. You make it seem like that's light speed, when in reality it's not much faster than what other people are doing
At higher speeds you have a slower reaction time. If something comes out in front of you, like an interesecting vehicle, or a pedestrian or animal crossing the road, you are much slower to react in time and much more likely to crash.
You also have much more inertia at a higher speed, meaning you need a lot more energy to stop, and your brakes will only slow you down at a consistent rate, so you're going to take longer to stop.

Furthermore, hitting someone at even 10mph faster massively increases the force upon that person and the chance of killing them.

But whatever, you're an idiot on a motorbike. Go as fast as you like all the time. Just please be an organ donor.

Do I hate it when I'm driving? Yeah.

I hate people who use the word hate excessively.

At higher speeds you have a slower reaction time. If something comes out in front of you, like an interesecting vehicle, or a pedestrian or animal crossing the road, you are much slower to react in time and much more likely to crash.
You also have much more inertia at a higher speed, meaning you need a lot more energy to stop, and your brakes will only slow you down at a consistent rate, so you're going to take longer to stop.

Furthermore, hitting someone at even 10mph faster massively increases the force upon that person and the chance of killing them.

But whatever, you're an idiot on a motorbike. Go as fast as you like all the time. Just please be an organ donor.
Once again, all you're doing is making up imaginary scenarios and trying to describe how I'd act, when you know nothing about how I ride on public roads other than the general fact that I go faster than the posted speed limits

No I'm not an organ donor

Once again, all you're doing is making up imaginary scenarios and trying to describe how I'd act, when you know nothing about how I ride on public roads other than the general fact that I go faster than the posted speed limits
Uh yeah, It doesn't matter how well you drive, I know for a fact you don't have superhuman reflex times and you can't stop your motorbike instantly when you're driving at 100mph.