Do you hate it when you're driving

Poll

Title

Yes
22 (59.5%)
No
15 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Do you hate it when you're driving  (Read 9237 times)

Uh yeah, It doesn't matter how well you drive, I know for a fact you don't have superhuman reflex times and you can't stop your motorbike instantly when you're driving at 100mph.

He has a higher Midichlorian count than Master Yoda.

Uh yeah, It doesn't matter how well you drive, I know for a fact you don't have superhuman reflex times and you can't stop your motorbike instantly when you're driving at 100mph.

Deer ran in front of me the other day when I was on a backroad going somewhere between 90 and 100mph

Slowed down to 35-40 mph within seconds and missed the deer. It's okay keep trying lol

I don't know if you realize this, but a 400lbs bike stops a lot quicker than a 2 ton car, especially when combined with engine breaking
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:12:11 PM by SomeJello »

Deer ran in front of me the other day when I was on a backroad going somewhere between 90 and 100mph

Slowed down to 35-40 mph within seconds and missed the deer. It's okay keep trying lol
Going from 90 to 40 in that short amount of time really sounds implausible

But that's just assumptions based on imaginary scenarios

Pretty much every rule and law is an assumption based on imaginary scenario.

But its clear that you cannot be reasoned with. The next time ill see you is in the obituaries.

yeah i totally hate that when im driving man i drive all the time

Pretty much every rule and law is an assumption based on imaginary scenario.

But its clear that you cannot be reasoned with. The next time ill see you is in the obituaries.

That doesn't relate at all lmao. Creating a scenario of how you think someone you don't even know would react to a given situation, and then comparing it to the law hahaha

No I'm not an organ donor
You have successfully negated the one possible good thing about motorcycling

Please elaborate on how I'm endangering others purely by going faster than the speed limit lol

And again. Explain to me how I'm endangering other people by going 15-20mph over the speed limit. You make it seem like that's light speed, when in reality it's not much faster than what other people are doing

Why would I be going twice the speed limit if there's a car in front of me?
Well, it seems like in the topic, you just mentioned how you go 50-60 in a 35 zone just because you feel 35 is "too slow." And then you use this as an excuse-

Faster than the speed limit = more cars behind me = less chance of being hit
which you're pretty much saying, at one point there were cars infront of you. So because they were infront of you, you sped up thirty over the speed limit just to get past them so you will think you have a less chance of being hit. Sorry, but overtaking cars while going thirty over is pretty assholish and dangerous. You also said this in OP;

And a motorbike cuts in front of you/between you at intersections/on the freeway?

I do this stuff all the time and I feel like it pisses people off
You're even saying here you cut infront of cars, even between intersections and also on the freeway all the time. You're pretty much just raising your chances of being hit here rather than lowering them like you say you're doing. And you still say you don't do it.

Also, you said going 15-20mph over the limit when you also posted that the highest you've went was 30mph over the limit, which is still pretty dangerous.

But that's just assumptions based on imaginary scenarios
Assumptions and scenarios have been true before. When somebody assumes you're going to crash when overtaking cars while going over the speed limit, sometimes it's going to end up true.

Some motorcycle crashes have killed from three to five due to being in populated areas like freeways, but even just one dying or getting injured is bad.

At higher speeds you have a slower reaction time.
Sir Dooble is pretty right here. From how you've been talking about going over the speed limit, cutting off people everywhere from what you've said in OP, you seem like you don't give a forget about what the other drivers are thinking. I'm not talking about how they're thinking about you, i'm talking about thinking about how you're driving. Sure, there may be a lot of fellow speeders like you out there, but there's also drivers that follow speed limits.

You can't tell whenever a driver who follows the speed limit is thinking others around them are following a speed limit. So lets say there's a car following the speed limit on a four-lane road. And you're on the motorbike, about to cut off this one driver because "WOAH-HO THIS GUYS GOING TOO SLOW. COME ON STEP UP YOUR GAME! GOTTA GO FAST!". They look behind them for a second and see a motorbike coming in behind them in the same lane they're on, then start pulling into the lane next to them to let you stay in that lane rather than risking having you hit them when they start to slow down for anything.

But wait, you're going 15-30 over the speed limit and you also pull into that lane, but since you're going quite a bit faster than the car, you drive into the next lane right before it does and you catch up to where it would be. The driver, probably not expecting the biker to pull up that quickly beside them, turns into the lane, not having enough reaction time to swerve back into the other lane.

If they do swerve just in time, they could probably end up overdoing it and then they probably risk overdoing it and end up hitting something. Or swerve around and luckily stop themselves in time. Or swerve around, stop themselves in time, then get hit by another car, or repeat, etc.

But lets say they dont have enough reaction time to swerve away and you end up injured or dead, as well as the driver of the vehicle depending on how it goes. For all we know, this could possibly happen on a freeway where there may be one or two more cars behind and more people end up getting hurt. I'm not saying this WILL happen to you, i'm saying that this could possibly happen to you.  A crCIA can be avoided just by following the speed limit.

Sure, the scenario I just posted may be overdone, but please, at least read all of my post and think about it and not reply just with "ugh stop with your scenarios those'll NEVER happen!! im road-smart!!!"

your reasoning for going 30mph over the limit? "too slow"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:15:20 PM by Decepticon »

Thanks for at least taking the time to write a thoughtful response instead of just replying with unnecessary insults. I should probably clarify though, when I said "cut in front", I meant filtering down a line of cars at a red light to get to the front of the line, I didn't literally mean cut people off lol. When I get around someone I always turn my head to make sure they're far back enough to get in front of them.

The scenario you posted is a responsible one though, and something that could very well happen. It actually has happened to me, and not just on a bike but also when I'm driving a car. In the instance that it did happen, I ended up swerving into the emergency lane as the car was changing lanes. Yeah it was probably childish, but I was still able to avoid it.

Maybe next time I won't react fast enough? Who knows, but props for the well thought out response

this, they do that all the forgetin time on the way to memphis. its even worse when they arent even wearing proper biking gear, they're just going 90mph in an old t-shirt, shorts, and some sandals.

also people do generally get pissed off if you cut them off, it makes you look like a douchebag.

As someone who lives in west tennessee, I can confirm that most drivers here are stuffsticks.

When people don't know how to use a 4 way and just cruise on through and make you swerve.

I don't know if you realize this, but a 400lbs bike stops a lot quicker than a 2 ton car, especially when combined with engine breaking
please enlighten me on how engine braking helped you stop that quickly