Poll

Title

Yes
22 (59.5%)
No
15 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Do you hate it when you're driving  (Read 10249 times)

Well I mean you have good points, but I engine brake all the time to conserve my brakes lol so I don't know what you mean by "You'd never have to engine brake"

I meant it in the terms of primary vs. tertiary prevention of injury. Logic applied here can be summed up in the brown townogy: "it's safer to unload a gun than to shoot a bulletproof vest".

By practicing good safety habits (unloading the gun) you won't need to engine break (bulletproof vest).

I meant it in the terms of primary vs. tertiary prevention of injury. Logic applied here can be summed up in the brown townogy: "it's safer to unload a gun than to shoot a bulletproof vest".

By practicing good safety habits (unloading the gun) you won't need to engine break (bulletproof vest).

Yeah but I'm not really sure you understand what engine braking is lol because you're still saying that by practicing good safety habits I won't need to engine brake, when engine braking IS practicing good safety habits. Engine braking by itself without touching your brakes just slows you down to an easy stop...

Also, it's funny how everyone is assuming I'm riding around like this lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54O8og5iJNY

Warning: This video will rustle the jimmies of everyone in this thread with a stick up their ass

there is really no reason to drive a motorcycle beyond "it makes me feel cool"

I didn't think anyone else lived in West Tennessee. I live really close to Memphis.

Hell, I didn't know someone in West Tennessee other than me played blockland, much less 3

Nah they're just fun

Yeah but I'm not really sure you understand what engine braking is lol because you're still saying that by practicing good safety habits I won't need to engine brake, when engine braking IS practicing good safety habits. Engine braking by itself without touching your brakes just slows you down to an easy stop...

No, you're using your ability to engine break as a crux to justify breaking actual road safety laws and to drive recklessly. Yeah, the ability to engage an emergency stop is a very good way to avoid injury in an accident, but a better way to avoid injury in an accident is to not cause the accident in the first place lmao

I think it depends on how you look at it. With motorcycles, you don't always need to use parking spaces and they're (trivially) easier to maneuver than cars, being so small.

But yes, those racing motorcycles are probably more for getting looks from the public.

I think it depends on how you look at it. With motorcycles, you don't always need to use parking spaces and they're (trivially) easier to maneuver than cars, being so small.
usually if you're not parking in a parking space you're parking illegally or at home where you should have a garage to begin with
cars aren't really difficult to maneuver i think, but i've only ridden and not driven a motorcycle so i can't really say anything regarding their maneuverability

most motorcyclists are just old people stuck in the past, the past where rebellious teenagers used to ride motorcycles in order to be cool and bad boys

the reason to drive a motorcycle back in the day was because they were faster than your average car. rebellious teens love fast and dangerous. but times changed, cars got faster. and now the rebellious teens of our generation are driving fast cars.

But yes, those racing motorcycles are probably more for getting looks from the public.
but cars are so much more convenient: no helmet hair, no protective leather in hot weather, you can easily store stuff like drinks or phone charge cords, etc etc

From what I can tell:
OP is a huge motorcycle riding friend who only deserves to become another 10 yard red streak on the pavement.

but cars are so much more convenient: no helmet hair, no protective leather in hot weather, you can easily store stuff like drinks or phone charge cords, etc etc
you can easily transport other people and they won't cry every time like i do

Cars will always be better than motorcycles.