Author Topic: Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.  (Read 21048 times)

Because journalists are supposed to be unbiased? It is a huge thing in the gaming world. The fact that you can just forget anyone to get good publicity is corruption.
haven't companies been buying good reviews since time began?

what i'm getting out of this is that it in no way affects me, huh
Congratulations, you've found a way to be dismissive without sounding too much like it.

Of course this doesn't affect jack stuff in the "real world". But nobody involved has to deal with Ebola, Iraq, the Pope or any of the big pressing issues. Drama gets made because anything that *does* affect you actually has no visible consequences on your day to day life.

That does not make it any better.

if someone could summarize why this matters outside of a twenty-four minute video that'd be great
There is no journalistic integrity in video games reporting and the video games industry anymore.

It is. Having the power to censor or manipulate things to your advantage is really bad. That is what has happened.
in the context of ~vidya gaem joinalism~ it means jackstuff sin- oh
yeah that

Congratulations, you've found a way to be dismissive without sounding too much like it.
Of course this doesn't affect jack stuff in the "real world". But nobody involved has to deal with Ebola, Iraq, the Pope or any of the big pressing issues. Drama gets made because anything that *does* affect you actually has no visible consequences on your day to day life.
you're not seriously comparing the shenanigans of some indie dev to ebola.
oh... you are...

There is no journalistic integrity in video games reporting and the video games industry anymore.
yeah, so basically nothing new

taboo posts on a topic hes not interested in
genius

Yeah but at least it can get exposed in this case

But you know, if you want to spend more time lurking and replying to this thread more, you might as well watch the video, or at least read the imgur album
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:25:26 PM by Dodger »

Maybe we shouldn't have let journalism go to complete stuff and have it stop mattering?

in the context of ~vidya gaem joinalism~ it means jackstuff sin- ohyeah that
you're not seriously comparing the shenanigans of some indie dev to ebola.
oh... you are...
The problem is it does not mean "jack-stuff". This is an INDIE DEV not a big name company.
The corruption doesn't just extend to big companies anymore.

Maybe we shouldn't have let journalism go to complete stuff and have it stop mattering?
i don't remember it ever mattering

This is an INDIE DEV not a big name company.
that makes it infinitely less significant lol

Yeah but at least it can get exposed in this case
i guess? it's typically pretty obvious to begin with, i guess getting the opinions of someone involved is an entertaining change of pace

The problem is it does not mean "jack-stuff". This is an INDIE DEV not a big name company.
The corruption doesn't just extend to big companies anymore.
oh I think I'm starting to understand what all the fuss is about

you guys are miffed that a single person can gain as much power as a major company when it comes to this kinda stuff

you guys are miffed that a single person can gain as much power as a major company when it comes to this kinda stuff
Yeah.

She forgeted her way into power and now controls multiple high-profile websites and what's allowed to be posted there.

that seems to be the most accurate interpretation of all of this

i don't remember it ever mattering
that makes it infinitely less significant lol
i guess? it's typically pretty obvious to begin with, i guess getting the opinions of someone involved is an entertaining change of pace

That makes it way more significant lol. I hate that major companies can pay for reviews, but the fact that indie devs can is really stuff.

That makes it way more significant lol. I hate that major companies can pay for reviews, but the fact that indie devs can is really stuff.
what was stopping them
if you actually think they didn't have the pull and funds for that, you need to catch up lol