Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.

Author Topic: Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.  (Read 21646 times)

taboo posts on a topic hes not interested in
genius
He finds entertainment in stirring stuff up for no reason. Probably was one of the five guys.

what was stopping them
if you actually think they didn't have the pull and funds for that, you need to catch up lol
I'm not saying that they don't (I am not educated enough in that subject) but I don't think there have been a case of this before.

The fact that you are brushing this off as not a big deal really doesn't make any sense. These things that are happening are almost OBJECTIVELY bad.

Pretty much most of us know that AAA devs weasel there way into favorable reviews by major journalist, but the fact that a single woman is using love and relationship ties for favorable publicity to a text based game (along with claiming to be victimized for further support) is pretty scummy.

The first four minutes of the internetaristocrat videa explains pretty decently why people should care about what zoe quinn did

The first four minutes of the internetaristocrat videa explains pretty decently why people should care about what zoe quinn did
I don't think we can expect someone to use four whole minutes of their life to watch this video.
I mean, they could be masturbating instead!

I like how he doesn't have time to watch a ~20 minute video but has time to post about it on the forums, while simultaneously dismissing it lol.

He could literally just open a new tab with it playing and do other stuff.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:35:16 PM by Donro98 »

The thing that makes me the most angry is the GameJam that got pulled. A dude was attempting to give women what they want; a chance to have their game made for them, and it got loving destroyed and his credibility ruined because of this loving bitch.

you're not seriously comparing the shenanigans of some indie dev to ebola.
Are you literally handicapped? That's the complete opposite of what I said. I said that this is a non-issue when you think about Ebola, but Ebola isn't going to affect 90% of the people who use the Internet so they have no real reason to care, whereas this is a lot closer to home.

Taboo, if you don't care, don't post. People here are going to care about different things. This affects me since I want to be an indie dev and, just like the guy I talked about above, I have an interest in helping more women into gaming.

The fact that you are brushing this off as not a big deal really doesn't make any sense. These things that are happening are almost OBJECTIVELY bad.
ok? that doesn't mean they're worth so much attention.

I like how he doesn't have time to watch a ~20 minute video but has time to post about it on the forums, while simultaneously dismissing it lol.
i can post about it here while doing other things as opposed to watching a video
(a video by someone with an annoying voice, at that)

i can post about it here while doing other things as opposed to watching a video
Remember how you dismissed my opinion about Hatoful Boyfriend for various reasons?

The loving irony, mate.

Yes it does? Bad things should get attention and bad publicity, which it cannot get BECAUSE SHE IS CENSORING IT. There are more videos about it in the description of TIA's video if you had bothered to look (by other people with "less annoying voices")!

He likes trying to make people look handicapped.

He likes trying to make people look handicapped.
Insert obligatory joke about him being the real handicap.

Here's another update from reddit-side.

The subreddit /r/zoequinnconspiracy has been quietly been banned by global Reddit admins, as has /r/zoequinncontroversy. The /r/gaming thread also appears to be gone. Any discussion on Reddit is now being facilitated quietly via this subreddit.

The aforementioned framing of 4chan for private investigating Quinn was perpetrated by her alone and was an attempt at damage control. Proof.

Quinn also has a history of attacking fellow members of the industry including the organizer of a all women's game jam. Proof.

/r/PCGaming's auto mod system also appears to have stopped mass deleting comments. In other news, Phil Fish is being his usual self.

The mods of /r/videos are the true heroes, as its thread on the Five Guys video remains a safe haven for discussion. Link to the thread.

In regards to El Chupacupcake, a redditor contacted the mods of another subreddit (/r/hardware) requesting his removal and was met with a blunt response.

This is likely going to be the only other update I do on the situation over on reddit unless something significant comes up. But yeah. Quinn's a bitch.

why are you here if you don't care lol

Remember how you dismissed my opinion about Hatoful Boyfriend for various reasons?
The loving irony, mate.
how is you being butthurt relevant to anything

Yes it does? Bad things should get attention and bad publicity, which it cannot get BECAUSE SHE IS CENSORING IT. There are more videos about it in the description of TIA's video if you had bothered to look (by other people with "less annoying voices")!
i'm not seeing any censoring, there's a video right there that's doing just fine

Going to throw out KYM's article on this:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/quinnspiracy
Quote from: Rad Dudesman

4chan, Reddit, Tumblr, and Know Your Meme united against a common enemy.

Never thought I’d see the day.