Author Topic: Blockland, and why we can't have nice things.  (Read 14929 times)

* Tudoreleu sighs
guilty as charged, I have a map that's 1/3 done and abandoned forever sitting in my saves folder

noedit: actually I'm gonna have to talk to Palladium before releasing it in case anyone wants it

Thank you for being the first dude to grab his nuts and ball up to make this thread OP. You're a hero.

You know what it is? Just pure apathy. Port makes tons of stuff and shows it off. Then everyone sucks his rooster for being the most amazing coder out there, then it disappears. You know why? He doesn't give a stuff at all. Why should he? But the second you attack him for it he points you to some garbage shader mod that's been done before or some other flashlight thing that he stuff out after someone else remade it and posted it before he did (and stole all his thunder). Can't have that, now, can we?

For everyone who says "my add-on!!1 i dont hab 2 release it!", that's true. You don't have to release it. Do us all a favor and keep your private add-ons to yourself, don't go around flaunting it like you're the worlds greatest coder. It's like freedom of speech, the government can't arrest you for saying stupid stuff, but saying stupid stuff is still going to make you look loving stupid. Same logic applies. Just because you have the right to keep your add-ons private, it doesn't make you any less of an attention whoring bitch when you post it all over the internet whilst wagging your rooster around trying to get people to kiss your ass for doing absolutely nothing for them.

That's just the thing, isn't it? When you go advertising your exciting new revolutionary content to Blockland, and then let it fade, you contribute nothing. Absolutely nothing. A producer's worth is judged by what he has produced from his community, and right now, a lot of you "all mighty super great coders" are actually just completely worthless.

Blockland, and why we can't go 5 seconds without someone whining.

"Never change, forums"

i don't see how you being butthurt about people not liking your sounds is relevant

Because the sounds aren't even bad. They aren't fitting this stuffty 'blocko style' theme that everybody thinks we need to keep, and that's why a lot of stuff gets pushed away. Because it's not 'blocko'. Well forget you and your blocko.

Because the sounds aren't even bad. They aren't fitting this stuffty 'blocko style' theme that everybody thinks we need to keep, and that's why a lot of stuff gets pushed away. Because it's not 'blocko'. Well forget you and your blocko.
i'd say another reason for a lack of new content is that infants can't take criticisms
it's a minor but still contributing factor
people really need to grow up when they release things
get over it already

Locking my topic and removing what was on there was something I never even did. I did take the criticism and I tried to make everything annoyingly highpitched with the death sounds, still didn't work. There's overreacting and then there's not liking it. Of course when the only thing you do is sound, you wont be happy when people dislike everything. That's all I do: Sound. You can code, so who gives a stuff what sounds you use? People get away with the stufftiest of sounds because their coding is rather sweet. But, I mean, whatever.

Everybody is dumping their stuff lately :D

You can code
news to me

so who gives a stuff what sounds you use
me

People get away with the stufftiest of sounds because their coding is rather sweet
not really

okay folks, sad news, this thread isn't the result of stark guts or a heavy realisation but instead a furiously burning rectum
oh well, at least the spirit of the thread is still there

okay folks, sad news, this thread isn't the result of stark guts or a heavy realisation but instead a furiously burning rectum
oh well, at least the spirit of the thread is still there
Actually, it was from me and Filipe starting a conversation about how so much stuff never gets released, only to just get into a more heated conversation.
And then it turned into a drama thread.

Seriously, you literally are trying to find anything I say from further on and relate it to me being butthurt just because I said that nobody liked my sounds. What the hell is your motive right now? Like, what are you even doing? I don't see your point either. You're like, TRYING to stir me up right now.

The only private addons I use weren't made by me, they were made by Legoboss to use on my server specifically. And even then, it's just a remodeled Proto-17 (credit given to Ladios of course) and a remodeled default gun (uses the model of the Proto-17)

cough port cough
this
he has tons of cool-ass add-ons that would really improve the server list, but he keeps them to himself and occasionally hosts them as himself

your right lets start porting battlefield models in blockland

arekan just dont bother replying to taboo.

this
he has tons of cool-ass add-ons that would really improve the server list, but he keeps them to himself and occasionally hosts them as himself
Yeah Port's a cool guy and all but he never allows his contributions to the game actually contribute by making them all private.
its just annoying when someone goes "hey look at this cool well made thing" and then never releases it and it just fades away.

your right lets start porting battlefield models in blockland
theres a difference between slight realism and just taking high quality and realistic as forget models and shoving them into the game.