Author Topic: System_StaticMaps [1.2-beta] - Easier static shape loading. Kitchen in works!  (Read 111027 times)

Yes I know, it was a problem with having only 9 collision meshes. From what i hear, i can do 15 collision meshes
I could fit 312 convex collision shapes in a single dts last time I tested it. One more and the game crashes while loading it.

THIS LOOKED A LOT BETTER IN MILKSHAPE.

please don't start using this to replace bricks

but otherwise it'll be pretty great

please don't start using this to replace bricks
"Don't Be Marble Man..."

Apparently Milkshape limits your collision meshes. May use blender to export the final dts model, unless i find a work around for this.

THIS LOOKED A LOT BETTER IN MILKSHAPE.

i just wanna take a minute of my time to say this is the best map that was ever made.

Also an update on my bedroom, im currently working on secret building spots. I may make 2 due to limitations. Future maps will not have this issue as they will be done in blender (so i can make many more collision meshes)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:17:11 PM by Wrapperup »

and they said maps would never be back
Just interiors, not terrain based maps.

Just interiors, not terrain based maps.

Terrain works semi correctly. It's still pretty unviable for the time being.

Maybe we could have some static shape hills that go down and blend in with the ground plane. Maybe even use the same texture and color as it, and resizable/rotatable. Hmm...

Future maps will not have this issue as they will be done in blender (so i can make many more collision meshes)
How many collision meshes can they have in blender?

I can't even make things in blender anyway, the names of things don't seem to export or something, all i see is mesh with no materials or collision...
Is there a certain version of the exporter I need to use?

edit: I got the collision working by using the dts exporter v0.964 instead of the latest one. I still can't get textures working though :(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:28:07 AM by EcstaticEggplant »

I like where this is going
YO PEOPLE OF THE BRICKLAND FOURMS, MAKE MORE MAPS
with this, i could just imagine like a dead factory starting up again and pushing out products like there's no tommorow

How many collision meshes can they have in blender?

I can't even make things in blender anyway, the names of things don't seem to export or something, all i see is mesh with no materials or collision...
Is there a certain version of the exporter I need to use?

edit: I got the collision working by using the dts exporter v0.964 instead of the latest one. I still can't get textures working though :(

In Blender, every collision layer can have 14 (or something like that) collision meshes, so if you utilize each layer (excluding detail layer), thats about 250 collision meshes. I'm not going to be using every single one. The largest models will probably use 20 at the most.

Although I'm still new to how you define each collision in each additional row, so i'm going to be doing some more testing. I've already been able to get 14 collision meshes, so i just need to figure out how to work them in newer rows (im asuming you go back to 1, but i'm not quite sure)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:43:28 AM by Wrapperup »

Has anyone yet had the issue where you look away from the static shapes and they disappear before they're completely out of your field of vision? I recall this happening to me before when I had a really large static shape in-game.