Author Topic: System_StaticMaps [1.2-beta] - Easier static shape loading. Kitchen in works!  (Read 111332 times)

Has anyone yet had the issue where you look away from the static shapes and they disappear before they're completely out of your field of vision? I recall this happening to me before when I had a really large static shape in-game.
To prevent this, don't scale static shapes below 1 in any direction.

To prevent this, don't scale static shapes below 1 in any direction.
In game or in the 3D software? Or both? If the latter, is this just object mode or both object and edit mode?

If you're using blender, make sure you apply scale and rotation in object mode before exporting

Ok, I was able to get collisions and textures working* with blender and the 0.964 exporter. *The textures, however, come out the exact same way as before in milkshape. I had the UV images perfectly lined up, it looked great in blender :/

Also, the scale of static shapes is the same as bricks. A 1x1 brick is 1x1x1.2 blender units. And if you want it to line up then just position your mesh to the very center of blender.

make more static maps for us to use
please

make more static maps for us to use
please

I will, they just take time to make.

Updated bedroom and made a new map!

Wrapperup's Bedroom (Beta 2)
DOWNLOAD

Version 2 Features
Fixed various collision problems, and made collision meshes more detailed. (Exception: Pillow)
Added a secret, can you find it?

Asteroids
DOWNLOAD
It's a small asteroid field.

Ok, I've pretty much figured out everything in terms of modelling in blender. You have to make everything with the old blender and 0.964 exporter, including UVs or it forgets up somehow.

all hail the giant floating colgate static shape.

I'm gonna try and make a challenge map with static shapes next :D

A 1x1 brick is 1x1x1.2 blender units.
wtf no. a 1x1x1 brick is 0.5x0.5x0.6 in blender units iirc.

wtf no. a 1x1x1 brick is 0.5x0.5x0.6 in blender units iirc.
thats for badspot's blb converter.

General's blb converter and these static shape use 1x1x1.2.

Oh yeah, the bug above happens when you have shaders turned off for some reason. The secret room bugs out, but the collisions for it stay in place.

Oh yeah, the bug above happens when you have shaders turned off for some reason. The secret room bugs out, but the collisions for it stay in place.

well i run a windows 7 professional and it cant support shaders at all.

wtf happened here

Thats extremely wierd, ill look into it.

OH forget, I know the problem. I think i accidentally checked "Billboard" in the options. Heh.

It's fixed now, redownload it please.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 04:10:34 PM by Wrapperup »

Would it be possible for the maps to have little icons like the skyboxes, grounds, and water do?