Author Topic: System_StaticMaps [1.2-beta] - Easier static shape loading. Kitchen in works!  (Read 111436 times)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:22:22 PM by TeeOS »

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:40:27 AM by EcstaticEggplant »

It might sound obvious, but are you sure that all the collision meshes are convex?
I've had something similar happen when that wasn't the case.

It might sound obvious, but are you sure that all the collision meshes are convex?
I've had something similar happen when that wasn't the case.
ah yes, some of the collision meshes are concave. Thanks, I'll try and get the cooker working now.

ah yes, some of the collision meshes are concave. Thanks, I'll try and get the cooker working now.

Since you are using blender, you can use MANY more collision meshes than you can with Milkshape. Try making a new layer for every 14 collision meshes to keep it all convex. I'm trying to get back into Blender, the only thing leashing me down is texturing.

TSStatic instances do not use datablocks, they just have a per-instance shapeFile field.

I know this, but using a datablock will download the model to the client cache, so we can load it and have it show for everyone.

Since you are using blender, you can use MANY more collision meshes than you can with Milkshape. Try making a new layer for every 14 collision meshes to keep it all convex. I'm trying to get back into Blender, the only thing leashing me down is texturing.
so i can have 20 x 14 collision meshes on one dts, right?

so i can have 20 x 14 collision meshes on one dts, right?

yes, but you should atleast try to minimize the ammount.

yes, but you should atleast try to minimize the ammount.
yeah ofc

ohya, i was also able to get the kitchen down to about 20K faces because most of the faces were actually tris, which I could easily just convert.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:11:19 PM by EcstaticEggplant »

I will wait for the day, when we can see the original bedroom, 1:1 scale, in every aspect of its glory...

I will wait for the day, when we can see the original bedroom, 1:1 scale, in every aspect of its glory...

Tons of work needed yes.

Is porting the v20 Tutorial also possible?

Is porting the v20 Tutorial also possible?
Any interior should be possible. Terrains will be a bit more difficult because they won't tile forever like they did in v20.

any update on the bedroom
please dont let this loving die
please