Author Topic: System_StaticMaps [1.2-beta] - Easier static shape loading. Kitchen in works!  (Read 109872 times)

I will be doing a new map soon. Any suggestions? inb4kitchenandslopes
I found some old download for it and the planets appear to be .dts files

I will be doing a new map soon. Any suggestions? inb4kitchenandslopes
THE REAL loving BEDROOM
AND I WILL loving LOVE YOU

off topic: can i have a link to general's blb converter?
tried using the button

off topic: can i have a link to general's blb converter?
tried using the button
-snip-

edit: just forgot about the no .exe's rule. I've pmed you it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n26cxv1sda5ohdd/Bedroom+Shape+++Textures.zip
This is the bedroom.blend that this guy has http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=265369.msg7834309#msg7834309
And the old bedroom textures packed along so you can edit everything to have the textures in and collision meshes.
Good luck!

you do know im working on it right

you do know im working on it right

im just so loving excited right now
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:38:02 PM by Maxxi »

I really hope you Will redo some terrains maps :)

I really hope you Will redo some terrains maps :)
That could get... tricky.

Ok after doing some heavy google work, I was able to get the full kitchen interior inc. materials into blender.

I exported a small part of it into DTS and packaged it into a static shape just to test it, and it worked surprisingly well!

Now this is cool n all but I'm pretty concerned in that even if you exported sections of it at a time, there would be major fps issues as there are a LOT of polys :/

I'm going to try exporting some of this together, and see how it goes.

also, if i remember correctly there was a button that automatically converted tris to quads, can someone post what it is? - alt j
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:38:49 PM by EcstaticEggplant »

Now this is cool n all but I'm pretty concerned in that even if you exported sections of it at a time, there would be major fps issues as there are a LOT of polys :/

Only 30176 faces. For a static object, that's not all that significant, especially since there'll only ever be one copy of it. I kinda wish this used TSStatics though (renders quite a bit more efficiently), but there would be issues with clients not having map files.

Only 30176 faces. For a static object, that's not all that significant, especially since there'll only ever be one copy of it. I kinda wish this used TSStatics though (renders quite a bit more efficiently), but there would be issues with clients not having map files.

Could just have the datablock and then load it as a TSStatic, yes?

I suppose I should get the bedroom textured and give it proper collision.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:30:41 PM by Wrapperup »

Ok I've got the cooker minus some things like the hobs as they are seperate TSStatics in the files. I've got quite a big problem though, the player collisions are working fine, however, building, painting and shooting bullets does not collide with any of it :/

EDIT: I've realized the problem thanks to port. I'm about half way done of finishing the collisions for this shape.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:39:53 AM by EcstaticEggplant »

Could just have the datablock and then load it as a TSStatic, yes?

TSStatic instances do not use datablocks, they just have a per-instance shapeFile field.

Ok after doing some heavy google work, I was able to get the full kitchen interior inc. materials into blender.

I exported a small part of it into DTS and packaged it into a static shape just to test it, and it worked surprisingly well!

I'm going to try exporting some of this together, and see how it goes.

also, if i remember correctly there was a button that automatically converted tris to quads, can someone post what it is? - alt j