Author Topic: CBMHost needs your help!($40 needed for February's goal!)  (Read 12342 times)

Quote from: CBMHost Website
Notice to all!

Unless we start getting more donations in the next couple of months, CBMHost will have to close. I (Cowboy6) have had some life changes and as a result am needing to put money towards other things, so it's getting to the point where this has to close. The dedicated server is not cheap. Most people don't know this, but all of the cost of this service has been coming out of my own pocket, minus what the few donations help with. I freely admit that I believe it's a service and a favor many don't deserve on this game, but I've been willing to do it for the experience it has given me, and it's been fun as well. But, I will not be able to keep this up much longer.

The monthly goal right now is $40 a month, if I can get that this will stay running. If I don't however, the service will close, most likely for good.This is final, I've thought about shutting down earlier this year, but I decided to keep it going. I've reached the end of the line however and this time, it will close if the donation goal is not met. If that happens, clients will be given ample notice to get their files.

I have donated recently and I encourage all clients to do so as well. I mean it's really not difficult to provide $40 in donations a month with 30 clients if everyone who can pitch in, pitches in. These guys have provided so much for us and we should really help them out. Links for donations are below.

OR
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:53:47 PM by #Ravencroft »

Oh forget not CBM, hopefully we'll get some donators

I donated $10 a few days ago. Need more moneda if people want their servers to stay up

how about they just charge people a monthly rate for their service? A small charge for a dedicated server is a fair deal.

how about they just charge people a monthly rate for their service? A small charge for a dedicated server is a fair deal.

That goes against what Cowboy is trying to do.

From what I get he wants people to get easy hosting for as low a cost as possible.

Quite a noble goal, if a costly one.

Well he should work out how many servers he can handle, then split the price between the servers.
it sounds like what he's "trying to do" is lose money.

THIS is pretty much his only hope to stay afloat.

i will donate 10$ next month be sure!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:21:16 AM by Sylvanor »

THIS is pretty much his only hope to stay afloat.
Like its pointless.
There's nothing noble about being lazy with money and wasting it like that.
Seriously, if they asked people for $5 a month for a dedicated server, that would be completely okay.

Tezuni be like, "NOT MY MONIEZ"

Ill donate when I get a job :I

I'd actually be ok with $5 a month if that will keep the service up.

I'll definitely be donating 10-15 dollars per month or so if other hosts are also willing to help meet the $40 goal.

Like its pointless.
There's nothing noble about being lazy with money and wasting it like that.
Seriously, if they asked people for $5 a month for a dedicated server, that would be completely okay.

I don't consider it wasted, nor am I lazy with it, I've gained some valuable experience doing this and helped a lot of people, it's been worth it to me. I don't expect you to understand my reasons for running a free service, but my mindset is not like most people in this game. I have nothing against paid hosting, but I started this as a free service and would like to keep it that way if I can. The entire reason I started it was to prove that a free hosting service could be run and run well. I think I succeeded.

This will remain a free service, but if some people would be willing to pay $5 a month for their server slot as a way to support the service, I have no problem with that.

I don't expect you to understand my reasons for running a free service, but my mindset is not like most people in this game.
Fair enough, your money.
Good luck with it anyway, I'm sure you'll be able to hit your target

too bad I cant even connect to the dammed website. coyboy needs to fix it.