Author Topic: CBMHost needs your help!($40 needed for February's goal!)  (Read 12317 times)

moral of allllll these stories. dont use free stuff. because it never lasts. EVER.
you start to depend on something and its gone before you know it.
This "free stuff" has lasted a lot longer and has been a lot more reliable than any of the paid services(Kaphost, Hammerhost, RTB, etc). I'd say almost 3 years is pretty damn good actually, nothing lasts forever dude.
I do agree with you on the fact that people should not depend on it though, but that also applies to the paid services too. I always have a back up option for dedicated hosting and other productive hosts should too.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:50:31 PM by #Ravencroft »

wikipedia.

also the failure of things is not exclusive to that which is free

The difference between wikipedia and the Blockland community is that the latter, unlike the former, is mostly made up of minors who don't have their own income and thus the number of people who can actually donate considerable sums of money is much lower.

Before it goes down will we have time to download our server's blockland game folders?

Before it goes down will we have time to download our server's blockland game folders?

Of course. I will make sure that everybody has had a chance to download their stuff.

Of course. I will make sure that everybody has had a chance to download their stuff.

Thanks. This service is the best I've used. It's a shame it could be going down. I'll donate as soon as I can.

Thanks. This service is the best I've used. It's a shame it could be going down. I'll donate as soon as I can.
It really is for me to. I have used this service from the time it started to now, I hope donations come in so it can keep going. But if it doesn't, I guess I will have to use my desktop computer for hosting.