Author Topic: DM_Mesa: Classic Styled Deathmatch!  (Read 49762 times)

A classic styled Blockland Deathmatch!
No ammo, no reloading, no messin' around!  Find weapons scattered across the Youse Testing Facility set in the middle of nowhere! 
Gamemode uses modified Tier+Tactical weapons and standard Slayer Deathmatch.

Screenshots

Credits

Jirue (212): Build and stuff
Armageddon (5784): Helping me package gamemode with modified Tier Tactical
Brickman (4137): Ideas and small build details and always helping me test things
myst (13649): being way 2 op
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:29:57 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

lots of fun, i love this!

You really need to remove the Combat Shotgun. It fires ~3 bursts per second if you rapid-click.

You really need to remove the Combat Shotgun. It fires ~3 bursts per second if you rapid-click.
The magnum is also quite a bit OP, it's basically a machine gun-sniper rifle that still does massive damage on body shot.

Almost everyone spams SMG's

All of the guns are op. You spawn with something that endlessly sprays bullets and can kill someone in a second if most of the shots hit. I've literally held down the smg's trigger and gotten 6 streak kills before :P just by holding the smg trigger and not letting go for anything.

I like op guns, they're fun. Everyone spawns with op guns and everyone can find the same op guns. I like it that way and it was an intentional design choice. I know it's not for everyone, though, so if you really do hate it, feel free to change it. That's why I released the game mode. But I played this for hours on my server before I packaged it and I personally thought it was perfect.

Not only that, the combat shotgun is in such an awkward spot in the map that I'm surprised if you had that many problems with it. Hardly anyone in my server used it because it just isn't easy to get to, especially if you're being shot at or followed.  And there are several things you can easily kill someone using a combat shotgun with from a distance, since is really only super effective at close range. The only thing it Annoying Oranges is the regular shotgun you spawn with.

so hl2 deathmatch in bl? awesome

Could you make the glass be destroyed when it's been shot a couple times?