Author Topic: nobody cares how old you are.  (Read 24571 times)

this
noedit
I've been laying off with me being rude, but this is something I agree with.

noedit
I've been laying off with me being rude, but this is something I agree with.
Aie it didn't come off as rude before

i don't see what other reason there could be to get mad about this other than just plain hating other people's happiness

w8 u guis dnt kare hwe olde i am OR how mane posts I hav???

I don't mind birthday topics all to much tbd

What about milestones?  16? 18? 21?

Ok first, Posting "My ass itches" as a topic will probably get you banned, second, If you don't want to look at birthday topics, there's this thing called the 'Back' button, it's at the top left of your screen, you click it, and it takes you to the previous page. Magic isn't it?

Oh wow you sure showed me with your condescending bullstuff that's going to fall to pieces when faced with any form of structured thought process

Posting "My ass itches" as a topic is an incredibly irrelevant personal topic relating to a human being that has absolutely no effect on the rest of the forum, warrants no valid topic of conversation, and simply states a fact that cannot be dis-proven, proven, or conversed with in any imaginable form of communication, and does nothing but take up space where something more worthwhile could be. Therefore, they will be banned for spam. Essentially, this is the exact same thing that happens when somebody makes a birthday topic.

Conclusion: We should start banning people for birthday topics.

I don't see how a single valid thread moving down the list by a single topic is so bad? I mean, we only get birthday threads every few... what, 2 months?

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=268624.0 - Yesterday
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=268608.0 - The day before, on the same page.

You'd be surprised how little activity topics past page 1 get. People don't post in them because they do not want to bump them. Vast majority of the topics that get bumped off page 1 will die because of it.

It's irrelevant either way. If off-topic was filled with personal accounts of insignificant status updates (such as a birthday) in random people's lives, it would be extremely boring.

it must be really hard when nobody cares about your birthday

it must be really hard when nobody cares about your birthday

My friends and family care about my birthday. It's why I don't have to announce it to them via a public forum.

I do giveaways on my birthday, though.

My friends and family care about my birthday. It's why I don't have to announce it to them via a public forum.
And you restrict yourself expressly to that handful of people? Boy, you must be lots of fun to hang out with.

well it's called off-topic
why does it even matter

I do giveaways on my birthday, though.

If I made a topic about doing give-aways whenever my ass itched, I'm sure nobody would mind. It's really just topics that say "hey guys i just finished an orbit around the sun lol cool right?" that need to go.

And you restrict yourself expressly to that handful of people? Boy, you must be lots of fun to hang out with.

This makes absolutely no sense.

Friends and family can't be any more of vague social terms yet you're already tagging on 'handful of people'. My friends and family includes many people that I know well, who know me well, and have a reason to know when my birthday is. Since I AM a fun person to hang out with, many people know when my birthday is. I don't go into a room full of strangers and yell "HEY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY", because none of them have any reason to give a stuff. It'd be like going into a room full of strangers and telling them your ass itches. You're only going to get negative results.

Boy, you must be social awkward or something. Insult tagged onto the end to make argument sound more valid than it is.

i'm not going to bother reading you blathering about whatever
instead i'll reiterate
i don't see what other reason there could be to get mad about this other than just plain hating other people's happiness

i'm not going to bother reading you blathering about whatever
Well no wonder you love birthday topics! Must be closer to your maximum intellectual content range. Which must be none.

instead i'll reiterate
It's not about hating other people's business though? Nobody has a reason to care about it.

Well no wonder you love birthday topics! Must be closer to your maximum intellectual content range. Which must be none.
why would i read some guy go on about himself when i don't even care remotely
(hint: that's what you should do with birthday threads! when you ignore things, it's almost like they're not there)

Nobody has a reason to care about it.
obviously people care when they reply to the threads with happy birthdays
like, what
not everybody is as huge a richardhole as you lol