Author Topic: nobody cares how old you are.  (Read 24242 times)

why would i read some guy go on about himself when i don't even care remotely
(hint: that's what you should do with birthday threads! when you ignore things, it's almost like they're not there)

The difference is that you have purposely decided to engage in a debate about a controversial issue. This is called a discussion, and a birthday topic warrants none because there are no issues or conflicts or topics, it's just stuffting a fact into the internet. It'd be like making a topic that said "Hello, I am 17". It's the same thing.

obviously people care when they reply to the threads with happy birthdays
like, what
not everybody is as huge a richardhole as you lol

There has never been a single birthday thread that has contributed anything to anyone.
You're right, sometimes someone makes a joke or someone says "happy birthday". If I posted a topic that said 'my ass itches', I guarantee you it'd get some replies. It doesn't make any difference. Good content or stuffty worthless content, it'll still get replies.

Guess I'm just a huge richardhole because I don't care about a random anonymous person I have no relation to at all completing an orbit around the sun, even when I cannot make any conversation out of it at all. Yep, huge richard right here.

Just listen to how loving crazy that sounds.

obviously people care when they reply to the threads with happy birthdays
like, what
not everybody is as huge a richardhole as you lol
no, sorry, they dont
ill put a down payment on me being right that literally the same % of germs purell kills is the same amount of posters who type "happy birthday!" and forget about whoevers birthday it was within minutes

The difference is that you have purposely decided to engage in a debate about a controversial issue. This is called a discussion, and a birthday topic warrants none because there are no issues or conflicts or topics, it's just stuffting a fact into the internet. It'd be like making a topic that said "Hello, I am 17". It's the same thing.
you may as well just eradicate this forum save for the gamergate thread then because nothing here has any bearing on anybody
this might come as a shock to you but people enjoy doing things because they enjoy doing them regardless of whether or not your pompous ass thinks it has any "intellectual value" or whatever the forget kind of moronic scale you seem intent on enforcing upon nobody

There has never been a single birthday thread that has contributed anything to anyone.
there has never been a single post by you that has contributed anything to anyone
i guess you have to be banned, huh

Guess I'm just a huge richardhole because I don't care about a random anonymous person I have no relation to at all completing an orbit around the sun, even when I cannot make any conversation out of it at all. Yep, huge richard right here.
then don't post in the bloody thread you gibbering idiot. what the hell, are you even reading my post? you have yet to answer my question at all
let's see if i can make it a little more clear to you: how does someone making a birthday thread hurt you so much

how does someone making a birthday thread hurt you so much
its spam and pushes topics with discussion like http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=268662.0 to the bottom of the page where i can bump them back up and discuss them but im somehow incapable of doing that oh the horror !!!! :(((

you may as well just eradicate this forum save for the gamergate thread then because nothing here has any bearing on anybody
this might come as a shock to you but people enjoy doing things because they enjoy doing them regardless of whether or not your pompous ass thinks it has any "intellectual value" or whatever the forget kind of moronic scale you seem intent on enforcing upon nobody

OOoooh getting fired up now.

I never said a topic has to have a bearing on anybody. A topic could have multiple purposes. Hey, sometimes even stuffting a fact into the internet is a good way to start a conversation. A topic needs to have a form of tangible, yknow, topic of conversation. If somebody enjoys motocross, then they could post about it in off-topic about how much they love motocross. I'd love to read a thread about someone's personal experience with motocross, even though I might not have any experience or personal interest in the subject. It's something that I can think about, something that can contribute, something that allows people to connect and share story's and thoughts on a similar subject.

A birthday topic? What the forget does that do for anyone? Here, let me jot down "happy birthday" and go about my business. What a waste of time.

there has never been a single post by you that has contributed anything to anyone
i guess you have to be banned, huh

omg im gonna cry :'(

I honestly couldn't give a stuff about whether or not you think I'm a contributor of this forum. I've had some great discussions and debates here. My existence on this forum is for me, not you. You probably wont if you hang around threads with the likes of the average birthday topic.

Although, I do understand the etiquette of posting on an online forum. Even if I really wanted to post about how much my ass itches, I wont, because there's no reason to. It offers no point of interest for anyone else in the world. However I might post it in a thread about rashes or maybe make a thread asking the forum if they have had any personal experience in the past with abnormal ass itching, as long as it includes a topic of conversation. The similar method could work with a birthday topic, if maybe you told a cool story about what happened when you were partying on your birthday, or what you did with the new privilege of your age, or maybe talk about how your parents deal with your behavioral restrictions based on your age, ect.

"My ass itches" does nothing. Neither does "it's my birthday".

you have yet to answer my question at all
let's see if i can make it a little more clear to you: how does someone making a birthday thread hurt you so much

It doesn't. At all. It does nothing for me, it doesn't hurt me, it doesn't help me at all. It does nothing. For anyone. At all.

Is that clear to you?

are you even reading my post?

DAMN you were quick to come out with this one. That's gotta be a new record.

nah, i'm not going to read all that, are you kidding me lol

It doesn't. At all. It does nothing for me, it doesn't hurt me, it doesn't help me at all. It does nothing. For anyone. At all.
it's too bad you're factually wrong about this lol
you're clearly hurt by the fact that other people want to be happy

nah, i'm not going to read all that, are you kidding me lol

cool makes this easier for me

it's too bad you're factually wrong about this lol
you're clearly hurt by the fact that other people want to be happy

I'm not hurt at all. It's like fixing a coding bug. I am not emotionally traumatized by a problem. I would just simply like to see it fixed. There is no emotional charge here.

Either way, why does it matter if I'm hurt about a birthday topic lol, this isn't about me, this about birthday threads and how useless they are.

Either way, why does it matter if I'm hurt about a birthday topic lol, this isn't about me, this about birthday threads and how useless they are.
would you like to talk about useless threads

If I made a topic about doing give-aways whenever my ass itched, I'm sure nobody would mind.
sigging this

OT: I don't mind bday topics.

would - Entertaining for many people
you - Entertaining for many people
like - Social media promotion
to - Community bonding, discussion inclusive to members of a community, lots of room to talk about stuff here
talk - Personal experiences that people can relate to each other with
about - Community of people that have conversations about their clothes, fashion, their looks, all sorts of body and image maintenance topics.
useless - Entertaining for many people
threads - Opens up conversation about the development and lifecycle of blockland and it's community

Even if this wasn't a really, really bad attempt at finding examples, singular instances are still completely irrelevant. We're talking about a prominent issue right now, we can sweat the small stuff later.

how does someone making a birthday thread hurt you so much

I was so handicapped and slow in making this, not only does it look like stuff but I managed to somehow even post the fake topic gg mcidiot

Even if this wasn't a really, really bad attempt at finding examples, singular instances are still completely irrelevant. We're talking about a prominent issue right now, we can sweat the small stuff later.
"entertaining for many people" can apply to birthday threads, as can community bonding but that should go without saying
really pretty much all of those can be applied to birthday threads one way or another, so like, thanks for working against yourself, i guess

a prominent issue
lol

I was so handicapped and slow in making this, not only does it look like stuff but I managed to somehow even post the fake topic gg mcidiot
a small sacrifice of dignity for the great cause of many giggles