nobody cares how old you are.

Author Topic: nobody cares how old you are.  (Read 24262 times)

I'm going to re-iterate this to you one last time before I assume you are mentally disabled and give up.

I wrote a long winded post because I wanted to and I enjoy writing. I was just putting my thoughts out there. I enjoy listening to other people's thoughts about the subject at hand. I did this for a personal learning sake, not to force an argument onto anyone.

I'm going to re-iterate this to you one last time before I assume you are mentally disabled and give up.

I wrote a long winded post because I wanted to and I enjoy writing. I was just putting my thoughts out there. I enjoy listening to other people's thoughts about the subject at hand. I did this for a personal learning sake, not to force an argument onto anyone.
Alright, i'll voice my opninion on the matter
Most people like telling others about their milestones, in life or in pretty much anything else
Lets say you just chugged down 10 gallons wine with your starfish, you'd be pretty impressed with your ability to drink 10 gallons of wine trough your starfish, so you tell others about your absolutely amazing feat, and then they react on it, and discuss how you can chug 10 gallons of wine trough your starfish
I can agree how there is not much to discuss when it comes to birthdays, but even if it's a very petty milestone such as jacking off for the first time, you still feel damn amazed you did it, and want to show that to others.
Point is: people like sharing milestones and a birthday is one such thing

Well if a birthday is a personal milestone, then tell us about it. If you just turned 16 and it's a milestone to you because you're already working two part time jobs on a farm, own your own car that you pay for, while fighting crohns disease, then that'd be loving inspiring to hear. If you really did chug 10 gallons of wine down your starfish, that's pretty unique, but it'd be a better story than a simple statement of aging.

I get what you're saying. We like to brag about achievements. But how is "hey guys i turned 14 today" a milestone? It's not. If you're really proud of turning 14 for a special reason, then talk about it. What I'm talking about is topics that literally just say "hey im older now" and nothing else for the sake of attention and making a topic. There's nothing to be proud of. You have survived on a planet that has now made 14 revolutions around the Earth. It's literally saying that you have managed to breathe and eat and sleep for 14 years, congrats.

Well if a birthday is a personal milestone, then tell us about it. If you just turned 16 and it's a milestone to you because you're already working two part time jobs on a farm, own your own car that you pay for, while fighting crohns disease, then that'd be loving inspiring to hear. If you really did chug 10 gallons of wine down your starfish, that's pretty unique, but it'd be a better story than a simple statement of aging.
This sentence showed me what you're trying to accomplish, and yeah you're right, that would definitely improve discussions on said topic
But i'm also gonna stick with this
It's literally saying that you have managed to breathe and eat and sleep for 14 years, congrats.
you still feel damn amazed you did it, and want to show that to others.

Buzzworrdddddd alert
there were absolutely no buzzwords in what he said

Not just picking on you flat, but comments like this need to stop.

I'd pick on him.

Guitar pick on him.

there were absolutely no buzzwords in what he said
Buzzwords can include phrases.

guys i made a milestone megatopic and it quickly died because people weren't posting their milestones so it seems if you want to post your milestones you're gonna have to make a topic.

it seems you dolts have no choice

i still don't see any buzzwords

I agreed more with the "X Posts!" drama than this. I mean come on, it's your birthday. Why not post about it so people can say happy birthday and crap? However, posting on how you hit 300 posts or something on an online forum is just ridiculous. I don't even see why people post it. It's just a number.

>topic titled 'nobody cares how old you are.'
>creates drama

>nobody
>cares

>drama

I personally care for people's birthdays, as it is a very special time of the year for them, and they just entered a brand new part of their life

therefore, your 'nobody cares' argument is invalid. It would probably be more accurate as 'I'm bothered by topics that I feel obligated to click on instead of ignoring them so I made a drama to complain even though no matter how much it succeeds, it won't change anything anyways.'

op forgot mine, the silly goose

also i think you're just being a stuck-up stuff, people are allowed to celebrate their birthdays, as it's a special time in their lives. plus, they're not rubbing it down your throat, are they? to read the context of the thread, you have to take interest in it. which many people do.

so, what next,
"stop making happy christmas threads"
"stop making happy new year threads"
"stop making thanksgiving threads"
with you, the list can go on. and on. until we are only allowed to speak "".

Buzzwords =/= Buzzphrases?

For someone who sure likes to write, you don't understand basic english very well.

op forgot mine, the silly goose

also i think you're just being a stuck-up stuff, people are allowed to celebrate their birthdays, as it's a special time in their lives. plus, they're not rubbing it down your throat, are they? to read the context of the thread, you have to take interest in it. which many people do.

so, what next,
"stop making happy christmas threads"
"stop making happy new year threads"
"stop making thanksgiving threads"
with you, the list can go on. and on. until we are only allowed to speak "".
It's almost like they hate happiness.