Author Topic: Ravencroft's Trench TDM: perma on entry, no warning  (Read 5146 times)

So I joined Ravencroft's Trench TDM earlier today and had a fun time. After running errands, I come home and go back into the server. Within 5 seconds, I was permabanned with no reason. I asked Raven, via Sos who was in the server, why I was banned, and Raven said:

I don't troll servers I'm in, I just play and my tag's say "2pro" "4you".

I mean, you did make a reputation for yourself.  I do not condemn or condone anything here, but I think that you should be aware that to many people, you are a BOS user.

I've made a reputation for myself? All I do is report problem admins in servers. He shouldn't have anything to worry about, his admins were fine in the time I was there.

Your always going on about admin abuse and unfair bans when you've time and time again been the instigator. Its gotten to the point now where its easier to ban you now before you can find some other thing to complain about. All raven is doing is saving himself the trouble

Your always going on about admin abuse and unfair bans when you've time and time again been the instigator. Its gotten to the point now where its easier to ban you now before you can find some other thing to complain about. All raven is doing is saving himself the trouble
Bingo

i dont really think he should of been banned unless he did something on the actual server that violated the rules. but its not my place to argue one way or another.

A blank permaban is a bit unprofessional, especially when other people ask why the ban was given. A "ur a trol" would have sufficed.

I partially agree with OP on this one. Admins, whether they're the host of the server or just a lowly admin, shouldn't ban users unless they break a rule on the server, and from what i've read, OP hasn't broken any server rules or really done anything that warrants a ban.

As for the other opinions, i can see how one can get irritating if that person complains too much, or is annoying in general. Even so, banning someone permanently because you think they are a troll seems to be more of an excuse to ban someone if you ask me, especially if they haven't done anything that warrants a ban. That and leaving the ban reason blank is really lazy, even a one word reason would've sufficed.

Note, Bim.  I was not saying that any reputation justified the ban.  It can serve as a proper reason to ban however, solely based on a perceived threat or annoyance.

However, I do agree that the ban was in poor taste, and since it was without any mentioned reason, I support this.

i dont really think he should of been banned unless he did something on the actual server that violated the rules. but its not my place to argue one way or another.
I've had way too many negative run-ins with the guy at both my servers as well as glass' servers. I didn't want to put up with what was most likely going to happen again.

Also bim, your auto chat bot was getting annoying

This is the same reason why on the rare occasions i host some people find that before they ever enter, they are barred with something like: "I'd rather not have you in this server"

That means i truly despise you or on rarer case, your grammar, but to receive this only because of your grammar you'd really have to be l33t sp34k1ng 411 0v3r th3 pl4c3

But then again, i host once a decade so no big loss for anyone involved there.

This is the same reason why on the rare occasions i host some people find that before they ever enter, they are barred with something like: "I'd rather not have you in this server"

That means i truly despise you or on rarer case, your grammar, but to receive this only because of your grammar you'd really have to be l33t sp34k1ng 411 0v3r th3 pl4c3

But then again, i host once a decade so no big loss for anyone involved there.
I didn't ban Bim because I don't like him though, I banned him because it's imminent that he's going to cause trouble. All he does when I see him is either search for every reason he can to drama an admin for trivial reasons, or bait admins into banning him so he can drama them. It's really pathetic and I don't need that in my server.

Well, that is something alike what i meant, but in addition to that i also occasionally may put someone in that list who doesn't necessarily break any rules, but i know will only sign on to complain about some things, act like an elitist and never show up again until i next host.

Maybe someone can recognize him, i bet one could.

I banned him because it's imminent that he's going to cause trouble.
No it's not...? Show some proof of this.