Author Topic: Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth Megathread: Rebirth coming to N3DS and Wii U!  (Read 130390 times)

Why does everyone on the subreddit act like a whiny little bitch?

I had no idea all this was even going on

Time-gated content? 109 hours? Super secret stuff? Cripes

THE HUSH GLITCH WAS PASSED I GOT ENDING 17

Never pick up my reflection if you have tech 2
do pick up my reflection if you have azazel though, makes it spectacular.

Ed cleared up a few things on the subreddit:

Quote from: https://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/3rjx77/elephant/
Note: this isnt a debate thread, im going to post this here and leave it in hopes i can address a few things without spoiling anything else for those that care. i wont be responding to comments or reading them.

im sure most of you read my tweets explaining what happened with the latest updates addition of missing items. you can believe what you want, but i assure you most of the misconceptions causing issue revolve around stuff i cant address yet as well as random chance and the fact that we probably shouldn't have tossed the update up on he 109 hour when it was done on 108.. we thought we were having fun with your obsession with the number 109 but in the end it imploded and i woke up to the most confusing and jaw dropping barrage of tweets ive ever seen.

the basic facts: (there will some holes that will be filled in on a later blog post )

• the missing items were tied to a bug and a few other launch build issues and not at all intended to be missing from the game.
  • we werent aware of the missing items at all for a few days after launch, thought they werent found yet or locked, it wasnt till i started testing with my debug steam copy that i saw that quite a few items were just gone from the game completely.
  • i tried to address this without breaking the 4th wall on twitter and even showed 2 items so people knew the game for sure features 120+ but it ended up sending people down another path that i tried to stop by tweeting for people to not assume anything.. but the snowball kept rolling
  • everyone was off for 2 days after the launch and day 1 patch so there wasnt anything we could do till tuesday.
  • we had the patch fixed roughly 1-2 hours before we put it up but thought it would be fun to post it on the day associated with the donation machine bug that people seemed obsessed over so people didnt lose interest in exploring the unknown... hoping that people would see the 109 hour as more of a start of something than finish.. but sadly we all know how it ended.
  • i really didnt care that much about the datamining and honestly dont see it at as an issue at this point.. i like to joke about stuff that ive find annoying or disheartening and it comes through really bad via text.
  • im not remotely a petty person, i know you dont know me personally but its just not at all something in me.. and i sure as hell wouldnt attempt to forget over a fan base.. i mean stuff i made this dlc with the fans in mind, 10-15% of the games content was made by you guys.. its just illogical to think i would try to upset or lie to a group of people i reach out to for feedback and ideas.

anyway like i said, the small holes in this story (that i know for a fact more than a few of you know the reasons for) will all be addressed in a postmortem of what i can almost call a social experiment at this point will eventually see the light of day.. one day.

again thanks for those of you who are logical and have become the voice of reason in a few of these threads, you guys give me hope.

i realize that quite a few of you feel slighted by large companies when it comes to content and manipulation.. but not everyone is the devil dudes and sometimes you find what appears to be logical in simple coincidences.

-Edmund

I don't like the sound of "social experiment"

maybe its gonna be like the button

also i cannot unlock lilith and it doesn't help that azazel was nerfed D:

Just beat greed mode will all characters except the lost. Greed mode gets super easy once you get passed the first two floors.

Ever since they changed Box of Friends I'm just not having fun playing as Lilith anymore

maybe its gonna be like the button

also i cannot unlock lilith and it doesn't help that azazel was nerfed D:

The extent of the Azazel nerf was a mistake, it'll be fixed in the next patch

Ever since they changed Box of Friends I'm just not having fun playing as Lilith anymore

The extent of the Azazel nerf was a mistake, it'll be fixed in the next patch
what nerf?

what nerf?

His charge time was greatly increased

The Stain should not be allowed to appear twice in one room, or at least be unable to do its "bullet hell" attack at the same time as another one, you're pretty much guaranteed to take damage when that happens

The game just patched and Ed posted these mysterious tweets

I'm guessing it has something to do with the Greed machine, when you hit 999 it says "if only everyone was as generous as you are..."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:31:48 PM by Regulith »

I just had a run in greed mode where I got pyromaniac first, then scatter bombs, hot bombs, pyro, curse of the tower, and sticky bombs.
I just take damage, 6 bombs spawn which explode into 24 more bombs which leave fire behind and I get healed to full.
It's been a while since I had a run where pyromaniac actually did anything for me.

I just had a run in greed mode where I got pyromaniac first, then scatter bombs, hot bombs, pyro, curse of the tower, and sticky bombs.
I just take damage, 6 bombs spawn which explode into 24 more bombs which leave fire behind and I get healed to full.
It's been a while since I had a run where pyromaniac actually did anything for me.
Seed?

Has anyone ran into one of those ultra rare "closets" that Edmond mentioned in  post before the release? i don't see any mention on it anywhere. Also i have yet to run into a double item room.

Has anyone ran into one of those ultra rare "closets" that Edmond mentioned in  post before the release? i don't see any mention on it anywhere. Also i have yet to run into a double item room.
I got a lot of double item rooms.
It works like "There's Options", you can only pick one

Seed?
Are there seeds for greed mode? If so, my bad, I didn't think about saving the seed. It would have been difficult to get the items because I did a lot of rerolling.